Job Description A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. It is a pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of this makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Associate Director, Patient Data Program Management responsible for delivering Data Sourcing and Standardization projects across Patient & Specialty Services brands.
Working directly for the Director, Patient & Specialty Data and in partnership with colleagues across Novartis, the Associate Director, Patient Data Program Management will have primary responsibility for delivering Data Enablement projects necessary to evolve the PSS Data Landscape. Specifically, this Associate Director will be responsible for (1) project definition and chartering, (2) project leadership and management across internal and external teams, (3) project delivery to operational teams, and (4) generally establishing effective and accurate data flows to the PSS Analytics team to enable end-to-end patient journey tracking and effective analytics to support data review and visualization across the Novartis Pharma portfolio.
This person will be a critical team member in the PSS Analytics Patient & Specialty Data Management and overall PSS teams, and will help the Director, Patient & Specialty Data Management with the delivering the data capabilities for the PSS team. He or she will also be an expert in the underlying data systems needed to effectuate the analytics. He or she will be responsible for the effective implementation of those systems.
Responsible for delivering Data Sourcing and Standardization projects across Patient & Specialty Services brands:
• Collaborate with data users to define and document data requirements including data type, data frequency, definition and data source vendor
• Engage data source vendors including Hub, SPs and Copay, and initiate contracting process as needed
• Enable discussions between data source vendors and data aggregators
• Manage data on-boarding process including design and update of data acquisition files between data source vendor and data aggregator
• Communicate risks and issues with data team lead
• Collaborate with data aggregators to define data integration and standardization business rules
• Enable discussions between data aggregator and Novartis IT to design, build and test technology that align with Novartis requirements
• Define data files to transfer data from data aggregator to Novartis PSS data lake
• Coordinate with data aggregator and IT to confirm data loading activities from Data Aggregator to Data Lake
• Identify opportunities to streamline approach including innovative data capabilities
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance for this job will be measured)
• Consistent project delivery – on time, on budget, accounting for stakeholder scope and quality. Management and timely delivery of high-quality end-to-end data to meets need of the organization
• Prompt communication and resolution of issues for assigned brand(s)
• PSS Analytics leadership and stakeholder satisfaction with data availability and quality
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Education (minimum/desirable): Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area, MBA Preferred
Languages: Fluent in English (oral and written)
Experience/Professional requirement: MUST HAVES:
• 3-5 years Specialty pharmaceutical industry or related field
• 3-5 years of Healthcare Commercial Data Management experience with an understanding of the specialty products pharmaceuticals market, including:
o Strong knowledge of data quality management and best practices
o Good understanding of data governance processes
• Strong understanding of data warehouse and master data architecture and processes
• Strong communication skills and ability to translate technical information into business relevant information
• Strong business knowledge and mindset to provide guidance on how data can be applied to answer business questions
o Understanding of how data is used for analytics & reporting
• Strong problem solving & project management skills
• Travel as required
• Project Management Certification (PMI or equivalent)
• Deep understanding of specialty brand data (i. e. data from HUB services, Specialty Pharmacies, Syndicated vendors, internal data etc.)
• Ability to understand pros, cons, and limitations of healthcare data, as well as have an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of third party players involved (i.e., HUBs, specialty pharmacies);
• Experience with Alteryx Designer and Tableau software.