Title: Associate Director, Owned Media
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Owned Media in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda's mission by focusing on the patients we serve.
- Lead and support a team of incredible digital marketers dedicated to the advisory and execution of promotional and non-promotional tactics across a growing portfolio including Neuroscience and Gastrointestinal brands.
- Design and drive our owned media experience and vision, from conversion through retention, in a manner that is both grounded in Takeda values and with a deep empathy for our customers' journeys inside and outside of healthcare.
- Develop and build marketing excellence within Takeda, innovations in tactic and operational design, and best-in-class customer experiences for current and future HCPs and patients.
- Within the Omnichannel Engagement (OCE) department, lead the Owned Media team that is responsible for Takeda-owned and operated channels including web, e-mail, CRM, conferences, and access/affordability.
- Oversee the professional development of the Owned Media team; including on-going coaching, mentorship, and feedback
- Manage and forecast team capacity to deliver on business priorities in partnership with OCE Campaign Planners and Brand Teams
- Ensure efficient, quality output while building capabilities for the organization
- Take an active role in tactical execution during peak periods and on critical projects
- Partner with Analytics & Insights to improve data-driven decision making for evaluating existing programs and assessing expected ROI of new tools and tactics
- Partner with digital and creative agencies to guide activities, oversee delivery, and drive consistency to ensure efficiencies in execution and scale
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to improve cooperation, encourage consistency, remove roadblocks, and manage conflicting priorities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA desired
- Minimum (7) + years' experience with increasing responsibilities in sales, marketing, managed markets, or related commercial function
- Healthcare-related experience; or digital experience in consumer-packaged goods, luxury goods, digital agency, or other high-touch industries.
- Minimum (3) + years' experience with digital, managing interactive and/or relationship marketing strategies
- Extensive experience in digital strategy, digital platforms, campaign automation, asset management, and marketing execution
- Experience with Adobe or Salesforce marketing technology desired
- Understand connectivity between non-personal and personal promotional tactics
- Strong desire for new and innovative ideas from within pharma and outside the industry to meet the needs of our customers, both internal and external
- Possesses a strong vision for compelling customer experiences for a portfolio of brands at Takeda, ability to build a plan and execute to achieve
- Demonstrates sound business judgement through a clear understanding of business, enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients and build trust, reputation, and business
- Strong command of project and financial management across programs and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and develop a diverse team of individuals across a wide range of disciplines within a collaborative, regulated, and cross-functional environment
- Creates the environment that inspires and enables people to move the organization forward
- Elevates the capabilities of the organization for now and the future
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
No CO Applicants
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.