Associate Director Outcomes Management
The Associate Director, Outcomes Management will work with the Director(s), Health Outcomes to support the strategic development and tactical implementation of real-world translational tools outlining the value of Otsuka products and/or services to payers. He or she will also implement disease-level population health services research programs and initiatives in collaboration with various healthcare stakeholders.
The Associate Director, Outcomes Management will work with Market Access, Government Affairs, and other colleagues to stay abreast of health policy issues that impact the healthcare landscape for the various disease areas of responsibility, including those policies that will affect patient access to care. He or she will provide research support for internal initiatives that support coverage and policy decisions and appropriate utilization of Otsuka products, including value based contracting initiatives.
- Lead health services research collaboration opportunities with US Payers, Quality Organizations and Academic groups to implement disease-level population health services research programs and initiatives
- Collaborate with Otsuka’s payer facing field teams and in-house HEOR team to ensure the appropriate evidence is developed to address payer questions to support evidence based patient access to Otsuka’s products.
- Align research and tool development priorities with other Otsuka cross functional teams, including HEOR, Medical Affairs, Brand and Payer Marketing, Government Affairs, etc.
- Champion tools through the Promotional Review Committee and/or Medical Review Committee processes.
- Implement and deploy training program for field medical personnel to ensure appropriate knowledge and utilization of tools
- Stay abreast of health policy issues that impact the healthcare landscape for the various disease areas of responsibility, including those policies that will affect patient access to care.
- Provide research support for internal initiatives that support coverage and policy decisions and appropriate utilization of Otsuka products.
- Provide formal input into HEOR evidence development plans and serve as key member on various HEOR project teams as requested, including non-interventional studies and AMCP dossiers.
- Manage budget resources allocated to assigned projects.
- Work with payers and other appropriate organizations to identify evidence needs and to develop health services research priorities and projects.
- Assist department leadership in ensuring the alignment of evidence generation strategy with the with overall product/portfolio strategies.
Travel (approximately 30%)
- Willingness to travel to conferences, various corporate locations, and stakeholder meetings, including overnight trips.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 30% travel.
- PhD or Masters in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Public Health or related discipline with at least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in health services research, quality improvement initiatives, population/disease management and experience in health economics data analysis, economic modeling, and/or medical outcomes research in the pharmaceutical industry, health plan, or CRO.
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing results from studies, identifying appropriate messaging, and developing effective communication strategies for payer and policy audiences. Prior medical communication experiencepreferred.
- Experience presenting data at healthcare conferences and history of publications in health services research or health economics.
- Must possess a strong understanding of US healthcare payers and other key stakeholders, including various reimbursement structures and models.
- Understanding of health policy issues, especially those related to requirements for appropriate use and dissemination of healthcare economic information, including the “competent and reliable scientific evidence (CARSE)” requirements.
- Strong expertise in non-interventional study designs and methodological considerations in the statistical analyses of such research designs; Knowledge of epidemiology, economics, and medical writing.
- Ability to take leadership role in the development of applied research and process of care programs in appropriate therapeutic and technical areas.
- Ability to work independently, deal with complex issues, and relate to multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication skills as it relates to engagement of both internal (upper management) and external (key stakeholder); ability to work from both a business and interpersonal perspective with colleagues within the organization across multiple departments.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently, deal with complex issues and relate to multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external customer requests and manage conflict constructively with minimal supervisory supportrequired.
- Experience working with and overseeing external contractors and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills required.
- Project management experiencepreferred.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.