Is your personality defined by positivity, responsibility, integrity, accountability, and respect culminating in a strong work ethic? At Carrier, we believe that our people make the difference and invite you to apply to this exciting and rewarding opportunity.
Excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the Associate Director of Operations Accounting role within the Controller's organization. The organization offers opportunity to be part of a growing accounting department and develop global processes to sustain flexibility as the business needs change. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leads month-end closing process, including validating completeness of monthly task list and loading of general ledger to HFM
- Reviews and approves journal entries including ensuring that all standard entries have been recorded as required as well as account reconciliations in ARMS
- Handles quarterly financial reporting tasks assigned to the group ensuring that all deliverables are completed and submitted accurately and per deadline
- You'll be responsible for monthly forecasting process. Working closely with functional departments and Corporate FP&A to identify and communicate forecast adjustments and explaining variances to forecast.
- Technical accounting and financial reporting resource for a variety of financial accounting areas within Financial Operations.
- Provides supervisory support to SOX activities covering processes led by the group
- Special projects as required by the Corporate Controller's Group
- Leads accounting for the Carrier stock based compensation process, including analysis of annual companywide issuance of equity grants, monthly outstanding shares reconciliation and preparation of the 10K footnote disclosure
- Supervises quarterly dividend payment process
- Handles the development of annual plan schedules for all accounting processes managed by the group (stock compensation, pension, ESOP, COLI, IC/PIP)
Education / Certifications:
- B.S. in Accounting
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
Experience / Qualifications:
- 10+ years of related accounting experience
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- You should possess strong leadership including the ability to recruit, motivate, evaluate and retain top talent
- You should possess strong communication with the demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of Controller's Dept. and other Carrier (Treasury, Employee Benefits) staff and management