The Associate Director is responsible for driving 5-10% annual incremental profit growth behind new and existing partnerships. This requires driving the formation and execution of commercialization plans among current partners, developing and securing senior alignment to new strategic adjacencies, cultivating new partners, negotiating favorable terms and successful contract closure. It is expected that you will have strong initiative with the ability to accomplish this with minimal supervision.
- Drive 5-10% annual incremental profit growth behind new partnerships that enable achievement of Clorox business unit and aggressive Office of Alliances financial objectives.
- Secure senior internal alignment behind WTP choices, potential partners, negotiating parameters and ultimately final legal contract.
- Complete at least one major new deal per year.
- Complete comprehensive due diligence of quality, safety, regulatory, financial health, raw material sourcing and manufacturing quality.
- Negotiate financial and operating agreements
- Co-architect annual and three-year strategic business plans with key partners, adapting them ongoing in response to changing market dynamics
- Build productive working relations and demonstrate strong thought leadership both externally and internally- Strong working relations are absolutely critical with the BU and all critical functions including: Marketing, R&D, Global Stewardship, Legal, Finance, and GSS
- Consistently employ strong listening, conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills. Keeping all parties well informed of progress and proactively identify issues before they materialize is key. Externally, earn the trust and credibility of partners, which is a pre-requisite for deal consummation and successful commercialization. Within the Office of Alliances, consistently demonstrate commitment to the overall team's success.
- Develop and manage compliance protocol for Office of Alliances across all elements; tracks performance versus key milestones; ongoing product quality assurance compliance; maintain insurance certificates; reviews consumer comments and flags opportunities/issues
This person will not initially have any direct reports; but will be leading cross functional business teams responsible for achieving specific partnership objectives. You will also provide business direction to other members of the Office of Alliances. Business partnerships could take numerous forms including trademark or IP licenses, distribution agreements, go-to-market partnerships and JVs.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- College degree required; MBA or other graduate degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in brand management, sales, and/or innovation (CPG preferred) OR relevant experience in a business development capacity
- Highly entrepreneurial; with a proven track record of working effectively in a process oriented, matrix organization structure
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business judgment and strategic thinking skills, consumer acumen, and emotional maturity.
- Creative business builder with superb interpersonal skills.
- Strong results orientation with proven ability to overcome obstacles
- Ability to influence others through strategic thought leadership
- High business maturity and emotional IQ; comfortable with ambiguity; easily adapts to new environments