Job Family: Information Technology Services
Job Code: 4772
Financial Aid Office Associate Director of Technology
Reporting to the Director of Compliance and Technology in the Financial Aid Office (FAO), the Associate Director of Technology will specify requirements and/or design solutions for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve work-flow, production, efficiency and effectiveness. May serve as project lead.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs; e.g., evaluate, propose and implement solutions for responding to regulatory or policy changes related to financial aid; coordinate with developers in Application Support to create solutions when necessary; tailor delivered systems to meet operational needs.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation; e.g., evaluate new solutions provided by PeopleSoft to determine usefulness for FAO’s business processes and, when appropriate, look for outside solutions, and document requirements.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing; e.g., primary responsibility for testing quarterly patches from Oracle/PeopleSoft, as well as regular upgrades to the systems.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids. Train staff on new functionality and document procedures.
- Advise users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems; e.g., provide support to the staff of the central FAO with professional school aid offices related to the University’s PeopleSoft financial aid module as well as various federal and state systems involved in processing aid.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users. Create reports to meet operational needs for the financial aid program.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations; e.g., direct vendors in support of solutions purchased by the FAO including Academic Works and solutions from the College Board.
*Other duties may also be assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and work flow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work extended hours.