Associate Director of Scientific Affairs
Westbrook, Maine, United States of America Research & Development Corporate OfficeAPPLY NOWIDEXXers Apply Here Back to Search Results
As the Associate Director of Scientific Affairs, you will serve as a senior technical leader providing strategic input into Research and Development activities for infectious disease diagnostics. You will organize and coordinate product-focused studies for new marker evaluation, on-market comparisons, and claim extensions. Builds followership and business impact throughout IDEXX as “go-to” resource for business-oriented scientific and technical expertise, typically crossing over and incorporating diverse disciplines to solve problems. May be involved in directing early phases of impactful technical projects, guiding activities to ensure successful outcomes.
What will you do?
- Communicates product-specific learnings that are foundational or impactful for the business through publications in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific meetings.
- Establishes and approves scientific methods and protocols needed for external collaborative research studies.
- Responsible for supporting day-to-day activities related to developing and implementing strategic programs toeducate thought leaders.
- Receives guidance and direction at high level related to long-term objectives.
- Identifies and implements strategies and efficiencies to enhance customer experience and align with business operations.
- Leads/contributes to process/other improvements based on evaluation of existing procedures and business needs. Utilizes data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize customer experience. Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively acts to address issues. Strives for continuous improvement.
- Prepares reports and other information summarizing work activities and reports results to peer groups as well as senior management. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
- Domestic and International Travel (20-30%)
What do you need to succeed?
- DVM, PhD or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically, 15+ years’ experience with ~5-10 years in veterinary industry is required.
- Management and leadership experience at project level, experience with strategic initiatives/issues.
- Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiplelevels across the business and serve as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Track record of providing thought leadership and innovation to influence change and advancement of the industry and/or profession through a strong external network of resources.
- Proven leadership in solving complex problems within an area or field of science or technology.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment. International experience a plus.