What You'll Do
You'll be responsible for working closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing (DOSM) to assist with assigned projects, support hotel strategic sales and pricing efforts, assume leadership responsibilities in the absence of or at the request of the DOSM, including coaching and mentoring of the sales team.
This position is responsible for generating revenues from our group/corporate segments originating at specific assigned markets as well as assisting the team in achieving yearly goals. You will be tasked with quarterly sales goals that are aligned with our rooms and food and beverage targets. You have a bold approach in uncovering new business opportunities to ensure a healthy lead funnel throughout the year. You're a relationship-builder with strong communication skills and dedicated to crafting a successful sales strategy.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide a high level of exposure of the hotel in specific markets assigned by DOSM. Achieve a strong pace, meet and exceed individual assigned revenue goals.
- Develop and improve a continued relationship with key corporate accounts.
- Conduct sales calls locally or domestically using all resources provided by Kimpton.
- Develop and create exciting and memorable site inspections to accompany inventive and creative proposals.
- Solicit Group and Business Transient directly and jointly with your team through the preparation, execution, and completion of action plans.
- Prepare, construct, and present creative customer proposals and negotiate contracts on the hotel's behalf.
- Upon closing, coordinate and follow-up with the other hotel departments to ensure delivery of superior guest service.
- Provide departmental colleagues with proper communication that will enhance our ability to deliver exceptional service.
- Conduct outside sales calls to deliver new business and maintain existing business relationships.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to your team as guided by the DOSM and Kimpton.
- Stay on top of property financial performance relative to budget and forecast.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of sales experience.
- Past participation in trade shows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel, industry, and customer organizations.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Knowledge of CRM platform, Microsoft Office Suite, and Delphi is preferred.
- A self-starter with internal drive to excel.
- Able to evolve with Kimpton as we grow.
- Well organized, excellent attention to detail, with excellent follow-up and customer service skills.
- Must exude passion for leading and promote positivity throughout the department.