01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Power and Controls SIOP Associate Director will be responsible for ensuring enterprise-level alignment between the financial plan, customer demand, and the operations plans across 4 Business Units for both OE and AM and multiple sites and through the supply chain in effort to ensure strong operational performance. The selected candidate will also act as the functional leader for SIOP within Power and Controls with responsibility for talent management, system integrations, process and tool development, and driving process maturity and Standard Factory.
In addition, the P and C SIOP Associate Director will work closely with the operations sites to develop site level SIOP processes and improve integration at all levels of the organization.
This position will require a highly adaptable leader, who can coordinate a cross-functional team at varying levels of the organization and balance the often conflicting and variable requirements of customers and stakeholders with strategies that willyield strong performance results for Power and Controls.
- Drive all aspects of the SIOP process as well as thought leadership and Strategy Development and Deployment.
- Responsible to implement Collins Aerospace Standard Factory SIOP process within the business unit to optimize the utilization of business resources, minimize working capital, maximize cash flow and exceed customer’s expectations for delivery.
- Manage and support the SIOP process through effective stakeholder alignment and change management techniques.
- Drive leading indicators of forecast accuracy and bias to yield improved On Time Delivery and Inventory.
- Ensure the scheduling, preparation and facilitation of regular SIOP reviews.
- Identify the appropriate demand families (product lines, customer, market, etc) and establish their data relationship linkages.
- Collaborate with program management, contracts, and other functions to develop the monthly demand plan with an 18 month rolling horizon.
- Develop a process for identification of new demand streams and impacts from engineering changes, product obsolescence, and transitions (Supply & Footprint).
- Collaborate with Operations, Materials Management and Supply Chain to develop the supply plan by using: business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters; while identifying and setting stretch targets for customer service and working capital.
- Develop and track appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Manage monthly SIOP process, action plans, issue resolution, and escalations.
- Drive SIOP maturity and continuous improvement by utilizing ACE tools and methodologies.
- Lead SIOP and Business Intelligence process maturity efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Supply Chain Management, Business, or Finance degree preferred
- Advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA)
- APICS CPIM preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Certification or training preferred
- Change Leadership certification, training or experience preferred
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Operations, Materials Management, Supply Chain, or Demand Management.
- 6+ years’ experience leading a SIOP, Demand and Forecasting process.
- Knowledge of Lean principles, tools, and processes.
- Candidate must be a US Person. (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Demonstrated success in implementing and continuous improvement of the SIOP process aligned to a lean materials flow strategy and lean with a track record of driving business results.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills; has successfully facilitated initiatives that improve process and a culture of change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of formats and audiences. Able to effectively interact withemployees at all levels. Past success in presenting to executive leadership and influencing key decision makers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ERP systems, SAP and SAP IBP preferred
Job ID 01284915