The Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy is seeking an Associate Director of Research and Administration. The person in this full-time position will serve as administrative manager and support research efforts of the Weidenbaum Center; assist faculty with external grant efforts, including preparing grant proposals, budgets, identify funding sources, etc; and oversee fund-raising activities and build relationships with Center donors.
Serve as administrative manager and support research efforts of the Weidenbaum Center. Assist faculty with external grant efforts, including preparing grant proposals, budgets, identify funding sources, etc. Oversee fund-raising activities and build relationships with Center donors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the faculty Director to manage Center activities, including faculty grant support, administrative staff supervision, fund raising, and event planning. Identify topics and speakers for Center donor and public events. Supervise administrative staff who implement event logistics.
- Work with faculty in client departments (Economics, Political Science, Sociology) to develop proposals for external grant funding. Work with personnel in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Foundation Relations to identify promising sources of grants. Assist faculty in writing grant proposals; oversee and support staff who administer proposal submissions and grant finances.
- Oversee Center fund-raising activities together with the Faculty Director. Serve as primary liaison with Washington University Advancement. Supervise and support efforts of administrative staff to maintain contact and build relationships with Center donors.
- Maintain Center budget and supervise accounting and human resource duties undertaken by administrative staff.
- Master’s degree in a social science discipline, business, public policy or a related field and three years of related experience or an equivalent education and experience to equal eight years.
- Knowledge and interest in current events and connection of current events to social science research and policy analysis.
- Ph.D. degree in a social science field.
- Previous job experience with academic management, grant writing, and fund raising.
Base pay commensurate with experience.