At Fareportal, we create the technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry - one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we’re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, generous time off, and frequent company-wide social events, Fareportal provides employees with an environment that nurtures diversity, creativity, and success. Our open and Agile workspace gives our employees the time and space for collaboration, brainstorming, and research and development. At Fareportal, you’ll be challenged, rewarded, and motivated to work effectively day in and day out.
Be the Brand Associate Director of Product Development. Exciting time to join and pitch ideas to c-level and other stakeholders for travel tech company. Be innovative and create new products.
Innovation & New Product Development Duties:
- Create and maintain product roadmap and ensure it is aligned with the company’s quarterly initiatives that support our business goals.
- Manage the team’s ongoing competitive product analysis.
- Drive innovation & assessment of new product opportunities for the brand or product areas.
- Communicate with internal and external partners/customers for new product development.
- Pitch new product plan to C-levels, superiors and other key stakeholders to get buy-in at all levels of the organization.
- Drive the product development process for key responsibility area by having the product team create clear PRDs and write detail user stories.
- Prioritize items in the product backlog with the tech team.
- Manage the journey of development items through the entire life cycle, from conception to launch.
- Ensure that development processes are being followed and features are on schedule and take the appropriate action in case of blocks.
- Ensure that all items are properly tested and meet acceptance criteria before launch.
- After release, measure the success of the release item and whether it met business projections and goals.
- Drive a process for MVP testing and create adoption within the product team.
- Ensure that all features are properly tested or A/B test and results are consistent with actual business results.
- Educate relevant teams on new releases (e.g. marketing & operations) and suggest ways to gain maximum bookings.
- Communicate to all stakeholders the success or learning of each product launched.
- Suggest Improvement on product launched if possible.
Brand Maintenance Duties:
- Collaborate with and guide all teams daily (technology, marketing & PR, FDA, Operations, Supplier Relations, Finance) to ensure business and product goals are being met.
- Review performance metrics & ensure optimal site performance for the brand daily (e.g. Google analytics, Monitis, server reports, Hotjar, flight failures, EOD, etc).
- Communicate the QIs and drive buy-in among the product team
- Analyze and tell each department what is required to achieve monthly & yearly goals.
- Have the product team conduct ongoing competitive price analysis and recommend changes.
- Ensure regular competitive price analysis on all marketing channels.
- Create and maintain real-time reports and dashboards on the status of the website, including bookings and conversion, site performance, content, failures, widgets, airline performance, supplier performance, margin over ad-spend etc.
- Identify and reportthreats (including bugs) to the brand to all relevant departments and help to troubleshoot solutions.
- Is the go-to person for all issues reported for the brand.
- Prioritize reported issues based on goals and severity for the tech team.
- Make suggestions to the marketing team on the performance of marketing sources, newsletter content, and new marketing opportunities in the market.
- Record all changes made to the site with date and time stamps and what KPI will be used to measure the changes. And keep the calendar team updated.
- Review and approve all changes to the site from other departments to ensure conversion is not affected.
- Ensure that the overall quality of the site (Look/feel) is being maintained.
- Collaborate with legal for all legal or compliance issues new or existing features on the site.
- Meet weekly with Supplier Relations teams to address site need and find out about key airline partner deals.
- Report to key stakeholders on the status of the brand.
- 5+ years of hands-on product management—strategy, analysis, and day-to-day product ownership and ideation.
- Have deep e-commerce knowledge of what makes a great online travel brand because you’ve done this before, e.g. experience at a premium e-commerce company.
- Have a passion for figuring out user problems and pain points.
- Recognize that many of life’s problems don’t lend themselves to a one-time cure-all, but are a lifelong journey.
- Excel at dreaming up ways to turn a moment of worry into calm and have an ability to explain it all to brainy designers, engineers, and writers—plus the people who care about numbers, aka “the business.”
- Capable of developing a big-picture product strategy for meeting user needs, selling it, and then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line.
- Ability to juggle the needs of multiple audience segments and develop strategic product plans for each of them.
- Excellent at communicating and collaborating with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to build great products.
- Possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, and analyze data to inform your strategy.
- Fluent in Agile principles and methodology.
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Travel benefits
- Team outings
- Corporate discounts
- Breakfast bar