Associate Director of Operations
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
Since the digitization of the grocery and meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals at home! So, how do we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energized home chefs and culinary artists that expands across the globe. With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, we’re now the fastest growing company in Europe and the biggest European startup in the US - active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents.
We are searching for a high potential Operations expert who is excited to build something awesome and share it with the world!
As the Associate Director, you will partner with the director and COO to brainstorm initiatives and develop production strategies that transform HelloFresh operations into best in class. Your time will be spent between running the daily operations, as well as driving improvement measures and operational strategy. If you're looking to make an impact, lead from the front-lines and drive change from within, this is it!
- Identify problems in manufacturing and brainstorm continuous improvement strategies for the distribution center
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to develop an operations improvement road map in collaboration with other DC directors
- Lead and supervise a team of managers, their supervisors and hourly associates
- Share and exchange operational best practices with the (associate) directors of our other DCs
- Develop and deliver operational procedures for all production and supporting processes
- Drive strategic planning and forecasting ensuring operational alignment
- Reward and recognize performance and execute on progressive discipline, as needed
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the distribution center to: provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business and stay focused on the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery, while growing and expanding capabilities that meet warehouse mandatory requirements
You are / have ...
- Bachelor's Degree required - Master's preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing operations or production within the Food/Beverage/Perishables
- Motivated, developed and managed 100+ employees - our culture is a critical part of our success, and you need to help drive it
- Familiarity with FSMA, HACCP, SQF
- Deep knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- Interest in spending most of your time on the shop floor and working directly with all levels of staff
- Continuous improvement and project management skills
- A metrics-driven mindset; able to translate numbers into data
- Slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and delivering a quality product that is second to none
- Effective leader and communicator for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
- High level of integrity and ethics with excellent follow-through
- Flexibility to work weekends and/or night shifts
- Ability to help develop policies and procedures that help mitigate inventory discrepancies