Job Description Vinfen is seeking an Associate Director of Nursing to support and enhance Vinfen's medical management and culture of health promotion. The Associate Director of Nursing represents the clinical needs of persons served and appropriate regulatory requirements to the senior leadership of the division and administration to ensure the appropriate level of clinical intervention and oversight. Additionally, the Associate Director of Nursing will report on clinical and administrative matters to the Director of Nursing and divisional leadership.
The Associate Director of Nursing will also partner with Divisional Leadership and Human Resources to identify recruitment strategies, develop and update materials required to successfully orient new nursing personnel, assign mentors/preceptors, as well as identify areas for further training and ensure training occurs. Additionally responsible for providing oversight of clinical skills and practices through the appropriate divisional nursing infrastructure, design and promote systems to monitor performance of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) as well as overseeing and managing Medication Administration Program (MAP) in Massachusetts and Medication Administration Certification in Connecticut by ensuring all policies and procedures are compliant with state standards.
Additionally, the Associate Director of Nursing will attend internal and external clinical conferences and risk reviews related to persons served and will, as needed, attend discharge planning sessions to ensure appropriate infrastructure within Vinfen to manage identified clinical needs.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open to all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employeesscheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal days per year
- Educational Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more
- BSN/MSN (preferred) with a minimum of 3- 5 years experience in community health nursing with the division's population required.
- One to two years of experience/training in a related function.
- Strong commitments to the right and ability of people served to live, work, have meaningful relationships and receive the resources and supports needed in their community of choice
- Knowledge of nursing, psychiatric nursing, clinical, habilitation and rehabilitation systems, techniques and interventions
- Excellent curriculum development, facilitation, teaching and training skills
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Additionally, this position requires a fully insured vehicle that you will use in the course of your daily work. You must be willing to transport clients in your vehicle.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background, professional licensure and driving record check.
- All candidates must be able to be CPR certified within two weeks of hire
- Medication Administration Procedure TTT required