The Finance Associate Director will be a key addition to the finance team. He/she will report to the Senior Finance Director, Medical Solutions and will provide/develop analyses and metrics to measure business performance and provide business insights for both Corporate and the Medical Solutions business segments. He/she will also help drive actions in these areas, when identified.
In this role, he/she will have primary responsibility for developing the pricing on new business opportunities (US and International) for the Medical Solutions business segment. He/she will also develop actionable analysis of Operating Expenses and G&A drivers for the CFO and Business Leaders. In addition, he/she will also assist with the preparation of analyses and presentations for the Board of Directors and Client meetings.
This individual must be able to understand the drivers of a healthcare service business quickly, dive into the details of the business operations and develop analyses/metrics to help manage risk/improve profitability within the operational and G&A functions.
He/she will work closely with the Global Controller, Medical Solutions Controller, other Client Finance Leads, Business Operations and Business Development.
Travel Requirements: < 5% of time
- Work closely with Account Directors/Business Development to prepare accurate and strategic pricing with respect to new business opportunities (US and International)
- Maintain/Revise pricing model(s) as needed to reflect market conditions and internal business structure, including development of new models
- Coordinate with other Client Finance Leads, as needed, to respond to multi-segment new business opportunities
- Work closely with Contracting to ensure contract terms are consistent with pricing.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Director and the Accounting group to provide accurate financial reporting for both Corporate G&A and the Medical Solutions business segment
- Develop variance analyses and identify critical drivers of performance to support monthly MD&A commentary, as well as provide business insights
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Director to develop actionable analyses on Medical business and G&A and support financial aspect of Quarterly Business reviews.
- Partner with the Senior Finance Director and CFO on presentations that communicate analyses to the Management Team and Board of Directors
- Develop ways to succinctly illustrate the impact of revenue and expense drivers to stakeholders (Clients, Management Team and Board of Directors)
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Director in preparing and presenting Forecast & Budget for both Corporate G&A and the Medical Solutions business segment
- Adhoc analysis
- Follows all Amplity Health policies and procedures
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college/university
- 8+ years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Financial Modelling Skills and Excel competency
- Self-directed and taking the initiative to drive projects
- Adaptable to handle urgent requests and changing plans
- Ability to constantly learn from analyses, as well as feedback from team leaders and others
- Ability to multi-task projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical & Insightful – Can go beyond the numbers to tell the story in typical situations; can investigate gaps in financial information, and can pull key issues from data
- Drive for Results – Can overcome hurdles and lack of standardization to patiently pull data and ensure accuracy from multiple sources in getting to the accurate result
- Resilient Problem Solver – Recognizes problems, proactively comes up with solutions for typical problems, can think on his/her feet and knows when to seek guidance from others
- Ability to Communicate – Illustrate the impact of multiple or complex drivers in an easy-to-understand manner to non-finance stakeholders
- Focus on Accuracy – Can step back to take a high level view of the analysis and ensure accuracy in the reporting
- Financial Modelling – Ability to model multiple scenarios and present results in an easy-to-understand visual manner
- Gathering data from multiple sources – Comfort in collecting data from multiple sources and understanding the interdependencies to develop relevant models
- Multi tasker – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing deliverables
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – Ability to work successfully across multiple teams by engaging multiple stakeholders and demonstrating the value of the analyses to them