The Johns Hopkins Children’s Center Associate Director, Corporate Relations, is an integral member of the Children’s Center’s Corporate Relations team. This position, which reports directly to the Senior Associate Director of Corporate Relations, is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate donors, as well as engaging the support of new corporate partners. The Associate Director is a secondary program director for our Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals partnership, which includes local and national partners, store campaign visits, campaigns and events, CMN national conferences and teleconferences, and continuing the relationships with fellow CMN Hospitals and CMNH leadership executives. The Associate Director will also take lead on one of Johns Hopkins Children’s Center signature fundraising events, manage the corporate relations intern program and assist the Senior Associate Director with major donors and events throughout the year.
Areas of Responsibility: Prospect Management
- Manages portfolio of a minimum of 80 annual and major corporate donor partnerships (includes 500+ individual retail locations) while providing assistance, when needed, to the Senior Associate Director’s accounts. This requires a minimum of 100 in-person donor visits annually. This portfolio includes major, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) partners who raise annual five and six figure gifts for Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, and a variety of national and local corporations and foundations.
- Collaborates with the Senior Associate Director to implement strategy for building new donor pipeline by routinely identifying and engaging new corporate partnerships. This includes conducting research, qualification visits, providing sponsorship and fundraising opportunities and conducting appropriate follow-up and stewardship.
- Identifies opportunities for grant submissions with both new and existing corporate partners. This includes meeting with faculty to become knowledgeable on areas of need, drafting letters of inquiry, and submitting proposals for submission at the major gift level.
- Updates ALADIN with visits, proposals, and utilizes reporting for analyzing Corporate Relations data.
Children’s Miracle Network
- The Associate Director is responsible for meeting the many expectations of our corporate partners in the professional standard set by Johns Hopkins, and as outlined by the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals contract. This includes determining areas of growth, establishing relationships with non-participating/new locations, managing year-round CMNH balloon icon campaigns, setting fundraising goals, engaging individual partner locations, providing year-round support, and developing innovative stewardship strategy.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with new partnerships locally within existing Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals partners.
- In conjunction with the Senior Associate Director, responsible for purchasing and dissemination of campaign related items and stewardship tools.
- Oversees the design and creation of cause marketing materials for CMNH corporate partners.
- Engages and strategizes with both national and regional leadership representing CMNH national partners.
- Responsible for building relationships with grateful patients and securing patients and hospital representatives to participate in several initiatives throughout the year.
- Attends important Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals events and meetings, including annual meeting in Salt Lake City, Children’s Hospitals Week in Orlando, and regional team meeting (number of meetings and meeting locations vary).
Signature Event Management
- Represents the JHCC CR team at signature events including Radiothon, Baltimore Running Festival Team Hopkins Kids, and Baltimore Boogie, as well as at various collegiate and high school dance marathons. Assists with planning to support efforts of Senior Associate Director.
- Acts as lead for logistics, sponsorships and volunteer management for one of the Children’s Center’s signature events. In addition, acts as Senior Associate Director’s second in command for Radiothon, managing day of logistics for the event.
- Works with Senior Associate Director to identify signature event sponsorship opportunities for current and new corporate partners.
General Corporate Relations
- Works with Senior Associate Director to identify and solicit new corporate partners for support.
- Provides strategy and assistance with JHCC’s Corporate Advisory Board
- Responsible for securing auction items and gifts in kind for approved corporate relations activities/events (approximately 20-30 events per year), soliciting over 300 local and national businesses annually
- Responsible for selecting and distributing donor recognition items for individual and corporate donors
- Works with MGO’s and faculty to identify areas of need for corporate support. Represents corporate relations team in training JHCC faculty and staff members on importance of partnering with development office
- Serves as the primary conduit of information with the Marketing and Communications team on all web and social media related items regarding CMNH and corporate campaigns and initiatives.
- Manages year-round Corporate Relations Intern programs, including developing new strategy for recruiting and managing
- Create Stewardship letter and package each fiscal year to distribute to all corporate partners on behalf of the JHCC Corporate Relations team
- Assists with third party events as needed
- Tasked with onboarding new gift officers and other staff, volunteers, and interns to JHCC Corporate Relations Team
- Takes part in Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins Development and Alumni Relations senior staff meetings and activities.
- Ability to speak as a representative of the Department of Pediatrics and Johns Hopkins Children’s Center’s development office at events, when invited to do so.
- Serves as member of the Corporate Relations team as well as the JHCC development team. Acts as a collegial, collaborative and professional manner at all times.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Three years related experience, with one year of professional experience required
- 3-5 years fund-raising or related work experience preferred
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to multi-task, while working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and executing timely follow through on projects is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and familiarity with online fundraising software, email marketing software, and web-based research
- Good sense of humor, positive attitude, and ability to work with a variety of people
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to personal vehicle for transportation
- Must be able to travel within and out of state
Additional Position Requirements for all JHCC staff:
- Must be able to walk distances and stairs
- Must be able to lift and transport materials to and from events and meetings
- Must be able to sit and stand for various lengths of time
Job Req ID: 13082