Leidos' Defense and Intelligence Group has an immediate need for an Associate Director of Contracts and Subcontracts in Chantilly - VA.
The Associate Director of Contracts and Subcontracts will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Contracts and Subcontracts functions and staff for and Operation within the Defense and Intelligence Group. This resource will act as the primary interface to the Operation Manager for all Contracts and Subcontracts related inquiries, managing the staff resources as well as the budget across the organization.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts/subcontractors, and assist in key negotiations, administrative issues and risk management, ensuring compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government requirements.
- Provide advice and counsel to group counterparts and less experienced contracts and Subcontracts staff.
- Establishe measurement and functional performance goals for staff to include career development, recruiting and staff retention, as well as performance reviews.
- Regularly interacts with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Work with the other Operations Associate Directors within the Group.
- Manage the overall price-to-win goals for the Operation from a Contracts/Subcontracts perspective.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts/subcontracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
- Bachelor 's degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have TS/SCI clearance.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts and Subcontracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts and subcontracts arenas.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.