Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
The role @ Modern Fertility
At Modern Fertility, we're helping women own their fertility and their future by making fertility research and information more accessible. Content is central to everything we do: we earn trust through mythbusting and evidence-based deep dives on reproductive health, we convert through fertility education campaigns, and we engage through virtual events with doctors and user-generated stories in our community.
We've spent the last few years building a strong foundation for our content ecosystem, and now we're looking for an Associate Director of Content & Copy to help us turn Modern Fertility into a household brand. This is a collaborative and cross-functional role — you'll work closely with senior leadership across our Marketing, Product, Design, and Clinical teams.
The ideal candidate is a creative powerhouse who can lead content strategy across channels to drive brand awareness and business impact. You'll get to bring new products to market and develop deeper relationships with existing and new audiences. You should have a track record in creating content designed for engagement across every touchpoint, and will be a thought partner for how marketing and product can use content to better serve our community. The ideal candidate will be able to flex across growth copywriting, brand/editorial content, and UX content. You'll be a strategist and a doer — you should be able to both lead creative concepting for campaigns and get in the weeds to zhuzh up flat copy. You'll also be the guardian of our brand voice and will help evolve it over time.
This role reports to Modern Fertility's co-founder Carly Leahy.
What you'll do:
- Lead content and copywriting at Modern Fertility, supporting growth and engagement initiatives as well as brand campaigns. You'll manage a small but mighty team of writers, acting as a mentor to help guide their projects and grow their careers. You'll continue to write and edit yourself while creating processes to scale the team.
- Concept, pitch, and own the execution of big brand campaigns, from our annual Modern State of Fertility to brand partnerships.
- Lead copy development for performance marketing across channels, partnering with the Growth team and our ad agencies on creative direction while managing briefs and reviews with copywriters. Offer fresh perspectives for how to center our paid campaigns in fertility education while balancing revenue goals.
- Lead copywriting efforts for product launches, from retail packaging to go-to-market campaigns. You'll also collaborate with Product Marketing on messaging for new and existing products.
- Oversee the team working on editorial and clinical content development for our blog.
- Partner with our customer experience team to help manage product education content development (including content for HelpDocs/FAQs and CX templates).
- Work collaboratively with Growth, Lifecycle & Retention team owners to manage content development for conversion-driving emails.
- Own content metrics and reporting, and use data to optimize your creative approach and drive business goals.
- 8+ years experience in copywriting, brand marketing, content marketing, and/or creative content strategy. You should have experience writing and managing copy across web, email, and social channels.
- 2+ years experience managing a team. You have exceptional leadership and project management skills, with experience managing both full-time employees and contractors/agency partners.
- Experience with SEO and growing traffic (ideally for a brand's publication) via organic search.
- Experience managing content for advertising campaigns, from developing creative strategy to project managing execution.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and optimize internal team processes and workflows.
- Track record of collaborating with designers, marketing, and product leaders.
- Ability to easily balance creative vision with performance metrics — you should have a strong point of view on how to prioritize and balance growth, product marketing, and content marketing initiatives to grow revenue.
- You've played a strategic role in building a beloved consumer brand.
- You have experience working in women's health, digital health, or wellness — or have a personal obsession with all things reproductive health.
- You have a strong point of view on the latest trends in direct-to-consumer marketing and have experimented with digital storytelling on emerging platforms.
- You've either owned or partnered on video production projects. You have both in-house and agency experience on your resume.
- You're a firm believer in the Oxford comma.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy