- The Associate Director of Compliance Auditing will assist the Chief Compliance Officer in leading operations and functions of risk assessment, auditing and monitoring, and other aspects of the organization’s global Compliance Program to ensure that Progenity meets statutory and regulatory requirements relating to Stark law, Anti-Kickback, billing and coding, and licensure.
- Helps lead operations and functions of risk assessment, auditing and monitoring, policy and procedures, training and incident management with direct supervision from the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participates in annual compliance risk assessment and the development of compliance work and audit plans and individual team member goals.
- Develops and implements compliance monitoring and audit tools and reports.
- Outlines data requirements and conduct analysis of large data sets to measure risk factors and controls.
- Performs timely and effective compliance monitoring and audits to ensure compliance with internal policies, rules and regulations.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of data and diving deep into the details to identify trends in findings to mitigate potential risk areas.
- Builds and maintains spreadsheets, flowcharts, narratives and control documents for key audits and processes.
- Prepares audit reports and make recommendations for management to mitigate potential risk areas and improve the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of controls and related processes.
- Uses data and metrics to create dashboards that address needs of key stakeholders and optimize data visualization tools to provide actional insights that enhance business decision making.
- Helps develop approaches to leverage data for operational metrics, refined data analysis and advanced data modeling to solve compliance and business problems.
- Keeps up to date on evolving risks and industry trends and update company workplan accordingly.
- Maintains logs of inquiries and track research and disposition of compliance issues raised by senior management, employees, business partners and audits.
- Serves as liaison for questions, concerns, incidents and complaints regarding compliance matters, responding directly to the inquiry.
- Collaborates with and supports leadership (e.g., Legal, Billing, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources) on compliance matters to ensure adherence with laws, regulations, standards, guidelines, best practices, and Progenity’s Code of Conduct.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in a healthcare related field). Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years healthcare compliance experience working in a CLIA laboratory/medical device manufacturer/pharmaceutical company with a strong auditing background.
- Broad compliance knowledge and experience in the global healthcare and biotechnology industries.
- Detailed knowledge in the effective execution of all elements of an effective compliance program.
- Ability to build strong relationships to foster an advisory or collaborative approach to proactive compliance activities.
- Strong research, data analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience with auditing, preparing reports based of the audits data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and team members, as well as adapt to changing business needs.
- Ability to present complex issues and concepts to audiences of varying expertise in the subject matter (both orally and in writing).
- Strong communication skills to facilitate interaction with representatives across the organization, including executives, department directors/managers, Legal Department, staff, and external organizations and agencies.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive or private matters while performing job duties and interacting with colleagues.
- Ability to participate in team projects and fill various roles such as team member, facilitator, or leader as needed. Experience in analytics-based role (e.g., business intelligence, analytics, etc.) a plus.
- Proficiency with computer productivity programs necessary to complete work requirements (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Compliance and Ethics (CCEP), or similar is preferred.
Valid through: 12/16/2020