The Associate Director of Project Management is responsible for managing one or more highly complex and/or high-profile projects.
Here Is What You Will Be Doing:
- Create, maintain, and manage clinical project/program plans, timelines, and other tools to facilitate planning and coordination of deliverables for the one or more highly complex and high-profile projects.
- Works in partnership with clinical leaders to develop, gain approval, and execute on the clinical development program.
- Facilitate communication cross-functionally and with senior leaders on integrated program planning topics including timelines, status, and issues for the one or more highly complex and high-profile projects.
- In a matrixed environment, interface cross functionally in prioritizing assigned product support activities.
- In collaboration with Clinical Leaders, supports project/program updates to clinical team and/or to senior leadership as necessary and appropriate.
- Identify areas of program risk and collaborate with the clinical team to propose risk mitigation strategies.
- Participates in working groups to resolve complex operational issues or improve department processes.
- May be required to support internal R&D initiatives and collaborative programs with external parties or vendors.
Here Is What You Will Bring To The Table:
- BA or BS degree required; Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Must have at least eight (8) years of experience in the life sciences and/or biotech/pharmaceutical industry. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management, operational planning, and/or contracts management. Experience with IND regulatory submissions and/or Phase 1 clinical trials is particularly desirable.
- Practical working knowledge of project management techniques, tools, and concepts as they apply to the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Keen attention to detail; exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and within team environments.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, adapt to shifting priorities, and deliver on projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to capture technical discussion in the form of meeting minutes, decision points, and action items.
- Experience working in cross-functional product development teams, in particular, in a scientific or clinical setting is desired.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management confidently and respectfully.
- Experience in regulatory affairs, clinical operations, and/or clinical development additionally desirable.
- Proficient in relevant software: MS Project or other project management software, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, etc. in addition to general knowledge with shared work environments.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.