The Associate Director of Analytics is a key leadership role requiring exceptional quantitative knowledge and hands-on Advanced Analytics experience.
This teammate is responsible for leading the team of Statistical Analysts and Senior Statistical Analysts / Data Scientists who deliver Analytics solutions for the enterprise by developing extremely complex models, applying advanced techniques from statistics, simulation, operations research and other mathematics-oriented areas. He/she has in-depth understanding of the technical work performed by their team of Senior Statistical Analysts / Data Scientists and external consultants. They also ensure appropriate teammate capability, staffing and workload assignment so that the organizations (BSRO & CFNA) achieve competitive advantage by fully leveraging data and analytics to improve business decisions.
The Associate Director of Analytics is a key leadership role which requires advanced education and significant hands-on technical knowledge and expertise, given the extent of responsibility and diversity of the advanced analytics that need to be performed.
Additional duties include:
Leadership: Strategy, Collaboration, Influence (35%)
- Partner with Analytics Director to lead a centralized shared capability dedicated to solving complex business problems through the use of advanced data analytics.
- Work with Analytics Director to establish the vision for the department and define the Analytics Strategy for the enterprise, ensuring strategic alignment with executives and business unit leaders.
- Build relationships with key executives and department leaders, and collaborate with them to identify opportunities for implementing analytics solutions across the enterprise and help transform them into action.
- Strategic partner and trusted advisor to leaders across multiple business units, translates complex results into actionable solutions which deliver value to the business.
Management: Hiring, Staffing, Development, Projects, Budgets (65%)
- Drive data-centric approaches to solving key business problems through the application numerous analytical techniques such as multivariate statistics, predictive modeling, segmentation, optimization, simulation, machine learning, and other advanced techniques
- Partner with internal departments on subject matters for analyses, including strategic direction, sales and profitability, marketing ROI, new customer acquisition, customer segmentation and targeting, customer retention and loyalty, operational efficiency, supply chain optimization, retail store demand forecasting, Human Resource KPIs, retaillocation selection, pricing optimization, collections strategies, new account adjudication strategies, or any other area deemed critical for the continued success of the business
- Collaborate with director to educate the organization on when/how to best leverage analytics resources through highlighting the value of the Analytics department successes
- Helps manage the department’s technology strategy, identifying necessary data and tools; making decisions related to analytical software and hardware
- Partners with Analytics director in the creation and management of the Analytics department budget
- Responsible for executing department vendor management process
- Helps build, source and prioritize analytics project pipeline; schedule and assign projects to analytics staff based on business needs and priorities
- Manages selection, hiring, onboarding and training of analyst and senior analytics personnel
- Responsible for developing, training, mentoring, and managing statistical analysts at all levels of expertise.
- Ensure the use and compliance with standard procedures and best practices of the department
- Manages day to day activities of all Senior Statistical Analysts and below
- BA in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- MBA or MSdegree in Analytics, Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related field required.
- Deep understanding of Analytics acquired through experience and education.
- Minimum of 6 years of Analytics Leadership Experience, and 3+ years of hands-on experience deriving actionable insights from data through advanced analytics methodologies leveraging SAS or similar statistical tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Analytics, statistical methodologies, predictive models, data modeling techniques and their application(s) to different business units and focus areas (Operations, Supply Chain, Real-Estate, Pricing, Marketing, Credit Risk management, etc.)
- Must be a master storyteller with superior communication skills, able to explain complicated statistical analyses, techniques, and results to non-statistical audiences of C-level Executives and below.
- Capable of working and communicating directly with C-level Executives and below to scope the needs of large scale, high-value, technically complex projects.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.