You've been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You've learned to lead. You've build a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group as we help make the health system more efficient and effective. You'll leverage your expertise and knowledge in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. Managing a team responsible for performing unit cost and contract valuation analysis, you'll ensure that health care contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of ACO Network Pricing supports and validates Provider Network (ACO's, physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial modeling, analysis of utilization, and reporting. This telecommute position located in the Western US Region conducts unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of ACO negotiations and cost management strategies for ACO's. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategies with business partners in United Health Networks and United Health Clinical to help our contracted ACO's be successful
- Identify, investigate and communicate cost and utilization patterns for inefficiencies and potential opportunities in ACO attributed member populations to help reduce overall total cost of care
- Manage, mentor and develop data programmers and analysts
- Serve as subject matter expert on data, reporting and methodologies supporting our ACO contracts and relationships
- Resolve business problems and direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact multiple functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
- This role will involve extensive external meetings, and some travel, to negotiate with providers, share performance results and explain complex financial models
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated career progression to the director level of analytical experience in health care financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics
- 3+ years of management experience
- Expert level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and claims data manipulation
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to travel 15% of the time within the West US Region
- Familiarity with SAS and SQL
- Telecommute within West Region (PST OR MST)
- Postgraduate degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including negotiation and presentation
- Successful leadership experience
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That's the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm) Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual.
We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Pricing, Health Care Financial Analysis, Health Care Pricing, Network Management, SAS, SQL, Telecommute, Telecommuter, West Region, Pacific Standard, Mountain Standard Time Zone, Work From Home, Remote, Work At Home, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota