Global Biologics company is growing and looking to hire an Associate Director, Next Generation Sequencing here in Cambridge, MA! This is an exciting role that will oversee their Next Generation Sequencing Labs here in Cambridge and in Europe. These critical teams are a part of the Translational Medicine group supporting global oncology research. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for applying sequencing technologies in order to identify biomarkers that predict drug response, nominate new indications for pipeline molecules, elucidate drug mechanism of action, and understand tumor context dependencies.
- Provide direction to teams on the most appropriate strategies to address scientific questions.
- Research support includes somatic mutation detection, RNA-seq, copy number variation assessment, working with FFPE tissue, circulating tumor DNA, etc.
- Participate in external collaborations and lead interactions with sequencing service providers.
- Work in close collaboration with bioinformatics to analyze sequencing data and extract hypotheses from datasets in support of projects across all stages of drug development.
- Leadership of labs including scheduling of activities, experimental strategy and design, and hands-on execution of projects.
- Participate in the transition of novel findings to colleagues in assay development and clinical biomarker integration in order to translate new biomarkers into tools that drive clinical decisions.
- PhD or equivalent in biology, molecular biology, genomics or related field with emphasis on cancer is required.
- Significant hands-on experience generating NGS data.
- 5+ years of hands-on laboratory experience in sequencing technologies (Illumina HiSeq, MiSeq, and Sanger platforms) and nucleic acid extraction, sample/library preparation, and data generation.
- Knowledge of oncogenic pathways and Immuno-Oncology profiling
- Management experience of research scientists
- Experienceapplying sequencing technologies to pre-clinical oncology model systems and oncology clinical samples