Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Out Digital Technology organization has is searching for a Network Services Manager to lead a team responsible for the P&W LAN, wireless LAN and WAN enterprise infrastructure based on business requirements.
- Architecture, design, and implementation oversight, working with corporate on establishing LAN/WAN hardware/software standards
- Provide business requirements for the network hubs
- Identify and coordinate all network cost reduction activities with various providers
- Coordinate the installation and deployment of new WAN circuits
- Work with network providers to resolve infrastructure issues
- Identify and test new WAN/LAN/wireless technologies
- Provide oversight to the Internet DMZ environment on-premise as well as at our cloud providers
- Provide project management and/or project oversight for related networkinfrastructure projects
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required - preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced Technologydegrees preferred
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Minimum 7+ years of general experience Network Administration or Infrastructure Technology.
- More than 1 year of leadership experience with direct reports or managing technical teams and/or contractors
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years of experience with networking and data storage technologies, and leading technical teams, strategy and implementation projects
- Experience with LAN and WAN technologies, routing standards and protocols, wireless technologies, topologies, and standard internet technologies and operation principles
- Knowledge of router/switch vendor hardware and software, Firewalls and DMZ designs and standard methodologies
- Microsoft Windows software for PCs and servers
- DNS, WINS and DFS operation, Active Directory and LDAP directory services
- Mobile computing and tablet technologies
- Application deployment standards, architectures, and best-practices
- A history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries is important
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is essential
- Advanced interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication capability
- Ability to perform with high energy in fast paced environment with agility to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experiencepreferred.