Associate Director, MRO Controller
Job ID 60745BR Date posted 02/08/2018 City West Palm Beach State Florida CountryUS
Pratt & Whitney’s Commercial Aftermarket organization has an exciting, unique opportunity in West Palm Beach, FL. With the unprecedented ramp in the next two years for NEO overhauls, P&W’s aftermarket network is expanding with a new overhaul facility. This will be the second facility in the P&W network to overhaul the GTF engine, following the Columbus Engine Center. We are seeking a Controller to build and lead a small finance team to support this rare addition of a new facility.
The facility is expected to overhaul NEO engines over the next two years, and as such the Controller position would be an approximately 2-3 year leadership development assignment. The Controller will be responsible for all of the finance related start-up activities, however will work closely with the implementation team to ensure flawless execution. The candidate will be part of the site’s leadership team, working closely with individuals across all functions of the businesses, including finance, engineering, customer service, EH&S, human resources and operations.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and develop the finance team of two
- Direct the monthly closing and variance analysis of the monthly financial results
- Drive successful completion of all capital related investments
- Provide monthly summary of results to the local operations team and to the Aftermarket Operations FP&A team
- Develop and maintain the three-month engine shipment commitment forecast
- Coordinate the monthly forecasting and annual OMM processes for the income statement, balance sheet, shop cost per hour, shop workload, and manpower planning
- Proactively develop risks and opportunities with the site’s operations leadership, and ensure timely communication to the Aftermarket Operations finance team
- Lead all Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control activities; including annual GAP assessments, testing, and close out of open tickets
- Administer the monthly cycle count reporting process to ensure unit is in compliance with P&W inventory policies.
- Set a high standard in monitoring and oversight of P&W / UTC ethics and control policies to ensure 100% compliance
- Support the Aftermarket Operations finance team with ad hoc financial requirements, including; journal entries, invoicing, account reconciliations, ACE control tower(s), and other miscellaneous initiatives from the business unit leaders.
- Liaison with Aftermarket Operations FP&A team in support of various closing and reporting related items
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and have strong financial and analytical skills and be able to effectively communicate throughout all functions of these businesses. In addition, the Controller must have a strong desire to drive the results of the business and implement process improvement initiatives. Prior experience in operations and familiarity with Microsoft Office based applications and systems such as SAP, HFM and Business Warehouse is preferred. Because of our military and government contracts, candidates must be US Citizens.
- 10+ years experience in finance, accounting or controller position, within an aftermarket or manufacturing environment
- Experience in financial and operational forecasting and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience in process and improvement initiatives
- Team leadership experience
- Highly proficient in SAP
- Masters in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- HFM and Business Warehouse experience
- Start up business experience
Education: Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting.