At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Director, Member Development
As a critical member of the EAB Member Development team, the Associate Director, Member Development, also known as the Member Development Representative Manager (MDRM), will manage and build teams of Member Development Representatives (MDRs) to generate a qualified sales pipeline. Working directly for the Managing Director of Demand Generation, the MDRM will lead outreach and visit execution strategy as well as culture and staff management for an average team size of 6-8 MDRs.
This role is based in Washington D.C. or Richmond, VA.
Sales Strategy and Visit Performance
- Own and be accountable for visit performance for team
- Monitor and report key business metrics for each MDR on a monthly basis including outreach, visits, warm lead conversion, meeting recruitment, fall-off and visit quality
- Analyze historical visit data to forecast monthly visit performance and establish monthly and quarterly cases to goal that maximize visit volume across all visit channels
- Manage partnership with Member Development leads to enforce service level agreements (SLAs) and maintain visit acquisition strategies
- Accountable to accurate and consistent reporting on leading metrics (noted above) and weekly progress against goals
- Listen and observe MDR outreach phone calls; coach MDR on initial hook, objection handling, etc.
- Engage with and receive coaching from the Managing Director of Demand Generation
Business Process Management
- Lead MDR support of integrated campaigns; oversee and develop targeted outreach strategies in concert with MDR
- Facilitate as well as participate in regular (monthly/quarterly) product, constituency and competitor scripting refreshes and sign offs
- Utilize and effectively manage team compliance with Salesforce reporting and data accuracy
- Communicate and enforce department policies
- Responsible for timely and accurate audits, expense tracking and budget management
Culture and Staff Management
- Recruit and interview MDR candidates throughout the year to maintain robust staffing levels and a strong talent pipeline
- Oversee and run a standard MDR onboarding bootcamp and facilitate ongoing training for new MDRs
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of informal reviews, semi-annual formal performance reviews and individual performance plans
- Provide input on staffing needs, identify staffing gaps and offer recommendations during times of transition
- Capitalize on team and department incentives (trips, auction) to support MDR achievement and culture-building
- Mentor MDR staff to help guide career pathing
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of post-Bachelor's work experience
- 2+ years in a management role
- Experience leading a high performing business development, sales or marketing team
- Excellent academic record
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven success in coaching and training staff
- Proven success in aligning and executing on multiple, competing priorities
- Sales Acumen – Proven ability to understand and utilize sales best practices including objection handling, pushback scripting, etc.
- Communication – Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication styles to different audiences.
- Collaboration – Collaborates within and across teams, functions, and stakeholders to support continuous process, product, and service improvement.
- People Management – Attracts, develops, and deploys talent resources to accomplish team, department, and firm goals. Maximizes productivity and engagement by delegating and clearly communicating expectations.
- Problem-Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to address issues and provide solutions creatively, efficiently and successfully.
- Project Management – Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize, set and meet deadlines, provide status updates, and deliver high-quality results based on the needs each project. Successfully manages time, cost, scope, risk, and quality to achieve desired outcomes.