Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 59 days ago
The Associate Director Medical Innovation & Education will assist Director of Medical Innovation & Education to proactively identify strategies to support education and generation of data/information to expand the value proposition for Pacira’s products. This individual will co- lead projects focused on deploying tactics which are customized to resolve the customer’s unmet needs. The Associate Director will align with the team to function as a liaison for external stakeholders, including but not limited to, large group practices, new audiences, and educational targets as it relates to key strategic initiatives. Will provide training and education leadership integrating support for the value proposition of Pacira’s products.
The Medical Innovation & Education Team will serve as a training and education liaison between internal and external customers. Key internal relationships include: Executive Team, Training, Sales, Clinical Research, Medical Affairs, Marketing, National Accounts and HOVA. External relationships include, but are not limited to: key opinion leaders (KOL’s), department directors and system leaders of academic and non-academic institutions, corporate leaders of key group practices, allied health educators, targeted educational organizations and partnerships that can support education of target segments.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in life science
· Minimum five years’ experience in scientific/medial affairs, clinical education or training for a pharmaceutical or Device Company. OR experience highly preferred.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience educating hospital personnel (physicians, nurses, and anesthesiology) on product used in one of the following specialty areas: plastic surgery, abdominal surgery, orthopedic, operating room, pain management.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize under pressure.
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills including public speaking to audiences of all sizes
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with sales and health care professionals
· Ability to coach others on use of products and clinical applications.
· Proven ability to incorporate working knowledge hospital systems including, pharmacy, surgical services (pre-operative, intraoperative and postsurgical care).