Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Global Medical Information is responsible for management of Neuroscience and/or Hematology/Oncology medical information activities at Jazz Pharmaceuticals. He/she is responsible for ensuring medical accuracy for global promotional and medical materials, working in collaboration with the Medical Director. He/she assures that review materials contain appropriate, robust, accurate (medically/scientifically), and current references. Also, he/she is responsible for maintaining and delivering quality written responses to global medical information inquiries, and ensuring that the Medical Information Call Center team complies with regulatory policies and procedures. He/she is also responsible for surveying the medical literature for relevant new data in disease states of interest and for working closely with the team of medical scientists to ensure their materials are medically accurate and clinically impactful when responding to inquiries.
Essential Job Functions:
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Supports Promotional/Medical Review Committee meetings by participating in the review and approval of promotional/medical materials to ensure medical accuracy.
- Working under minimal direction, provides timely medical information responses to questions covering Jazz Pharmaceuticals marketed products from patients, health care professionals, and internal employees.
- Independently creates new Standard Responses (SRs) and updates existing SRs based on an understanding of in-house data and the medical literature.
- Trains sales team on Medical Information processes.
- Assists in the management of Medical Information vendor.
- Assists in the development of standard processes related to Medical Information services.
- Performs critical analysis and synthesis of internal/external literature.
- Provides coverage for the Medical Information booth at US and/or EU medical conferences.
- Collaborates with medical scientists’ team to develop educational materials for use by medical scientists.
- Active member of the publication planning committee.
- Up to 10-20% travel, domestic and international.
- Advanced degree required (PharmD, MD, PhD, or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a medical information department in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior Neuroscience and/or Hematology/Oncology experience preferred.
- Must have skill sets to understand products and diseases that allow for independent provision of complex information that is accurate and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and external contacts.
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidances for responding to unsolicited requests for information.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.