Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with therapeutic area medical directors and senior leadership team, develop and lead the implementation of IMED function in Medical Affairs strategic planning (medical and budget plans), including determination of therapeutic area learning objectives and program in support of them.
- Lead the IMED cross functional meeting with key stakeholders to collect feedback and recommendations on IMED grant applications.
- Maintains working relationships with independent educational providers to ensure appropriate administration of funds and compliance with applicable policies
- Reviews and assess all IMED applications and grant proposals, including online grant applications, and makes recommendations for approval or denial.
- Monitor IMED program budgets, including monthly grant accruals with Finance Departments, as well as assisting management with IMED budget development and tracking
- Coordinate the development and roll out of state-of-the-art educational symposia at international congresses, as well as coordinated programs beyond satellite symposia that will reach appropriate audiences. Work with product medical leads to identify speakers, collaborate on refining the educational objectives and developing the agendas and content with various agencies.
- Partner with the product expert network in Myovant, paying attention also to local education needs (i.e. Needs Assessments), as well as the evolving data supporting product or portfolio narrative.
- Ensure smooth financial management. Coordinate with finance lead and events team to maintain files of Master Services agreements with vendors and speakers.
- Support the development and implementation of department policies and procedures relative to IMED
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PharmD, or PhD) is highly preferred
- Training and/or experiences in Continuing Medical Education in a biotech or pharmaceutical company is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting with prior Medical Education experiences
- Therapeutic Medical Affairs experience in Women’s Health or Prostate Cancer preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Affairs team member in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired, specifically with developing education programs in academic, hospital, or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Experience in both large and small bio pharmaceutical companies