At T3, the Associate Director oversees the health of key media accounts and innovation in digital and social strategy within the Connections practice. The Connections practice at T3 is a strategic integration of social and media where we put a focus on connecting the right media – owned, earned, paid, shared or borrowed – with the right person, any time, any device, any place. Associate Directors are expected to have the ability to tell a compelling and client-focused story that demonstrates how the T3 digital media approach drives measurable and impactful results for the brand.
The Associate Director serves as the primary client and partner agency contact and will work closely with T3 teams across the agency including Creative, Marketing Intelligence, Social Strategy, Dev and Client Engagement. They are responsible for being a thought leader and visionary in media marketing as well as leading and nurturing a growing team of media strategists.
MEDIA STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Learns and understands all facets of the client’s business objectives and is able to translate into actionable media objectives
- Leads digitalcampaign strategies, development and organization of media tactics to build a successful program with other Connections Associate Directors and Sr. Strategist
- Finds efficiencies in the media planning and buying process at T3 to optimize performance and outputs
- Oversees all media plan implementation and execution to ensure proper set-up for performance analysis
- Provides the strategic foundation for Sr. Digital Media Planners, Social Strategists and SEM Managers to create, optimize and analyze campaigns and performance
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal and external stakeholders to drive media thought leadership inside and outside of the agency
- Serves as the primary lead between the media team, analytics team, clients and partner agencies; helps guide and bring measurement strategies to fruition
MANAGEMENT & MENTORSHIP
- Manages direct reports. Coaches and mentors Sr. Media Strategists and identifies key opportunities for career development
- Develops and maintains a collaborative working relationship across teams
- Assists Director in identifying, hiring and retaining key talent
- Assists Director in charting the vision and course for team development and future media offering
NEW BUSINESS AND PARTNERSHIP RELATIONSHIPS
- Acts as key subject matter expert in all things media for new business development initiatives
- Clearly articulates and brings to life the T3 Connections and media story; sources and finds opportunities for new business initiatives
- Supports Director in creating compelling new business strategies
- Finds opportunities for media partnerships and stewards these relationships to build and position the practice for the future.
- Contributes to T3 marketing and thought leadership initiatives through interviews, conferences and content development
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of media planning/buying with current or history of agency experience; has worked with both B2B and B2C clients
- Exceptional understanding of current and future state digital media landscape and fundamentals
- Extensive client presentation experience (preparation of the content all the way through to presentation)
- Hands on experience with syndicated research tools (comScore, Nielsen, MRI, eMarketer, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with ad serving platforms across display, search and social (DoubleClick, AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager/Power Editor, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest self-service tools)
- Ability to identify, organize, prioritize and manage the workloads for self and junior level media staff.