The Associate Director Marketing is a member of the Central Marketing organization within the Health Learning Research and Practice (HLRP) division of Wolters Kluwer. Functioning as an internal agency lead, this individual drives the strategic development and execution of best in class omni-channel campaigns to deliver on P/L and brand objectives. The person in this role leads cross-functional teams working closely with product marketing, channel experts, data intelligence and product teams to ensure campaign strategy starts with data and analytics to develop and optimize marketing efforts. Works closely with the Director Solutions Marketing to orchestrate and lead our (external) agency relationships and leads the Solutions Marketing team.
This role supports and is responsible for aligning market needs with the ability to influence senior executives, subject matter experts and peers in multiple parts of the organization. Requires a dynamic self-starter with a “take charge” attitude who can deliver results while building consensus in a matrixed organization.
This role can be located in Philadelphia or Baltimore or can be remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on contributor, who has the capability to orchestrate what needs to be done and challenges the norm to deliver exceptional results. Executes and leads by example.
- Manages three Solution Marketers to drive and deliver successful data driven campaigns.
- Has extensive experience creating engaging messaging and omnichannel campaigns in the B-to-C and B-to-B spaces. This includes plan development, campaign design and orchestration, campaign plan presentation and revision, execution, optimization, analytics and reporting.
- Establishes KPI’s and industry benchmarks and develops models or frameworks to deliver on campaign objectives. Works with internal partners to ensure plans are built and modeled to deliver on agreed KPI’s.
- Experienced working in a matrixed organization to drive performance and business results; confident in challenging assumptions using data and industry benchmarks to achieve optimal performance based on budget, competitive environment, timing, pricing, historical campaign performance and brand levers.
- Confident and experienced negotiator. Minimum 5 years’ experience working with agency partners to ensure all KPIs and objectives are delivered on time, at the highest standard and to budget.
- A “Storyteller” who can translate strategy and complex reporting into compelling visuals or other data presentation to facilitate communicate at all levels of the organization.
- High degree of comfort applying data and analytics lens to monitor and review campaign results post-launch. Ability to align marketing performance to strategic goals and vision and adjust tactics in-flight to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works collaboratively across other areas of Centralized Marketing including Brand, Marketing Operations, Digital, and Customer Experience to ensure strategies are in alignment.
- Acts as a conduit between product marketing and internal/external agency resources to create dynamic and innovative tactics and bring them to market using available marketing technologies.
Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience and results in leading high-performance B to B and B to C Direct Marketing Efforts across Traditional and Digital Channels. Preferably in Healthcare or Higher Education.
- 10+ years experience managing and leading teams with a focus and passion for developing talent.
- Experience working with or for creative or digital agencies and a proven track record of managing multiple large, multi-channel demand generation campaigns.
- Experience working within project management, CRM and analytic tools (Smartsheets, Salesforce, Adobe and Google Analytics). Reporting on campaigns using Google Analytics, Adobe and Marketo.
- Experience using analytics to draw insights & continually optimize campaigns.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; data driven mindset.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of KPI’s and industry benchmarks for high performing marketing plans.
- Experience in taking disparate data to develop impactful reporting/dashboards.
- Background in reviewing, reacting on, and reporting on campaign data throughout its life cycle.
- Motivated, self-starter attitude, ready to come to the table with ideas.
- Inquisitive and innovative - test and learn mentality with a hunger to leverage the latest technology and methods to drive growth.
- Demonstrated experience influencing and educating internal constituents and clients around evidenced based marketing strategy and campaign management.
- Excellent communications skills across all modalities including written, verbal, in-person and virtual presentation.
- A proven track record of building strong partnerships with Product, Sales and other Marketing functions.
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment – including dealing with changing processes and priorities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Communication or relevant equivalent experience