As an Associate Director on the Marketing Science team, you will not only work closely with the MS Directors to manage resources, implement process improvements and provide mentorship to a team of analysts, but also work with the account team consisting of strategists and investors to shape the strategic direction of your client’s marketing strategy through data-driven insights.
- Translate data into clear, compelling, and actionable insights by leveraging advanced analytics tactics conducted by central resources
- Collaborate with marketing partners and strategy teams to understand business and marketing objectives and develop analytics approaches to meet those objectives
- Present to clients, with the support of the functional specialists, the results of analyses and research projects in a clear and insightful narrative, digestible by a lay person
- Lead understanding of consumer and marketplace behaviors, particularly those that most impact business and marketing goals
- With the leaders of the functional specialty teams, keep track of projects being run by the Functional Specialists to ensure they are done on time and to right level of quality
- Support new business efforts including development of the strategy, creation of the pitch story, and participation in the presentations
- Evaluate data and research/analytics vendors for client needs or as they approach clients
- Work with third party research/analytics vendors to design and set up projects for clients
- Aid in the development and execution of the measurement plan
- Create specific research awards submissions and contribute to awards submissions
- Ensure timely follow through on all scheduled and ad hoc deliverables
- Lead, mentor, and train managers and analysts
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Information Management, Social Sciences or Business/Marketing related fields.
- Advanced degree (MBA/MS) is preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in a quantitative data driven field with at least 2-4 years of people management experience.
- Very strong excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Macros and other advanced functions)
- tStrong understanding of the media environment, particularly in regards to planning, strategy and implementation. Should also be familiar with major players on the vendor side.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must
- Excellent strategic thinker who is willing to take risks and challenge the status quo
- Strong leader who can demonstrate analytic skills, problem solving, and independent decision making
- Ability to clearly explain complex ideas to multiple audiences and respond to questions
- Familiarity with at least some of the following tools: marketing technology (e.g. Data Management Platforms), ad-serving (e.g. Google DCM, Atlas), web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), social (e.g. Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, Crimson Hexagon)
- Knowledge and experience with syndicated research sources/tools (e.g. ComScore, Nielsen, GfK MRI, Simmons, etc.)
- Experience with Multi-Touch Attribution and marketing mix modeling/econometric analysis
- Experience with advanced data management programs (SQL, Access, etc.)
- Experience with other coding languages (Java, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization platforms (Qlikview, Plotly, SAS, Tableau, etc.)
- Prior agency experience
- Basic understanding of databases and Data Modeling
- Passion for mentoring and coaching others