Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for – and potentially curing – some of the world’s most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
- Set and drive the vision and strategy for the function
- Cleary articulate the value and the impact of the function and build organizational support both top down and ground up
- 3-5 year strategic roadmap development
- Annual business planning and prioritization that aligns to the business need
- Tactical implementation of roadmap
- Further shape the Gilead agency model for optimization
- Lead core workstreams across all aspects of organization’s agency relationship management lifecycle – selection, onboarding, training, performance management and offboarding:
- Lead the new agency selection process partnering closely with the marketing team
- Understand the selection criteria which will help inform the scorecard for short list as well as the final selection
- Work cross functionally with other groups, i.e. procurement, finance and legal, to help guide the process efficiently and effectively
- Drive the ongoing management of agency roster to identify who are the top talent of agencies that are out there we should be working with
- Leverage market/industry knowledge to inform agency strategy and ensure best talent on the agency roster
- Help define clear roles and responsibilities within the selection process that involves other cross functional partners – procurement, finance, legal, marketing, etc.
- Manage the RosterDeliver tool to ensure marketers are aware, agencies are effectively completing their profiles and that the Roster becomes a one stop shop for marketers to find the right agency for the right project.
- Upon agency selection, own and drive the onboarding journey of the new agency in partnership with marketing
- Help guide the 30, 60, 90 day journey and set them up for success at Gilead
- Develop and drive the training strategy for our agency partners, as well as new marketers, customizing the onboarding journey for both audiences
- Continuously improve the agency and marketer training program and ensure all content leads to better engagement and compliance with our policies and processes
- Develop annual enrichment activity calendar - best practices, lunch and learns, trends, innovations, etc. and work with appropriate stakeholders to develop content
- Performance Management
- Drive the 2x a year agency evaluations process; help marketers get the most value from the results of the evaluations, ensuring that results are delivered, discussed with agency and action plans are created and monitored to drive identified improvements.
- Develop and implement the communication plan to all key stakeholders
- Establish deep relationships with the most strategic agency partners
- Continuously refine the performance management process to optimize the program (eg. Utilize best practices, industry benchmarks)
- Continue to ensure the program is meeting the business needs
- Partner closely with the marketing to ensure the offboarding strategy is aligned
- Ensure assets (eg. All source files) are retrieved prior to offboarding and there is a good handoff process
- Partner closely with Legal and Procurement to ensure all contractual obligations are met and all legal matters are considered and adhered to
- Single point of contact for agency partners on day-to-day business management issues and maintaining a healthy partnership
- Communicate and consult with senior leaders of the marketing teams across TA’s to understand their marketing objectives and how the agency management programs should align with their priorities.
- Collaborate with internal partners, such as procurement, legal and finance as needed to execute agency engagement strategy
- Be a champion for agency programs and excellence across Gilead
- Partner closely with CL&D to ensure holistic training curriculum for new marketers as it pertains to managing their agency partnerships
- Own the maintenance of the content for agency portal, as well as drive new content development to continuously add impact and value
- Strong communication and analytical skills are required
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills in order to interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among cross-functional teams
- Written communication – writes clearly and informatively in email communications, memos, and training materials
- Strong platform skills (i.e. speaking, executive presence during presentations)
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal stakeholders
- Ability to perform at a high-level in a matrix team
- Planning and organization – able to prioritize activities and workload, taking a systematic approach to addressing issues
- BA/BS with 8+ years of work experience or MA/MS with 10+ years of work experience working at an agency or in a strategic marketing or strategic partnership role
- Ability to interact at all levels of organization from senior leadership to day to day marketing managers, whether presenting and articulating the key value of the function to executive presentations to discussing agency strategies to managing escalations
- Self-starter with ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives and troubleshoot issues independently and drive outcomes
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, solve problems independently, escalate appropriately, manage tight deadlines, and handle changing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset; a belief in relationships as a way of doing business.
- Experience building functions from the ground up
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to flawlessly move things forward both from a strategic and executional perspective.
- Ability to successfully work in a matrixed environment and can influence without direct authority
- Team player, comfortable working in the ambiguous environment
- Willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand drivers and impacts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry preferred
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it’s just what we do that gives us an edge, it’s how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best