Job ID R-304229
Job Description Summary
The Medication Management Solutions (MMS) business is a $2.2B global provider of Medication Management technology serving Acute Care Hospitals, Non-Acute Care, and Retail Pharmacies. We are focused on making the medication use process simpler, safer and smarter.
The position is based in San Diego, CA, reporting to the Worldwide Senior Director, Pyxis Pharmacy Solution Platform. This leader will focus on developing long term portfolio strategy and drive operational excellence for the BD Pyxis IV Prep portfolio, including Pyxis IV Prep products (formally BD Cato) and related solutions.
You will be accountable for setting the strategic direction and executing the strategy globally across functions and regional business teams which also includes engaging in clinical partnership around evidence generation, and commercial partnerships to provide new innovative solutions to the market. You will also be accountable for the global financial performance of Pyxis IV Prep solutions tied to strategic plan commitments.
- Lead definition and execution of Pyxis IV Prep solution strategies across global markets, including growth and innovation strategy, product lifecycle management, and deliver/service capacity planning
- Drive global revenue growth, including current operating year and three-year Annual Strategic Plan
- Own the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through production and release, confidently evaluating and balancing risks & tradeoffs
- Work closely with the business staff to support a wide range of business growth activities, including commercial partnership, mergers and acquisitions, licensing and alliances
- Lead global Launch & Commercial Planning for new & expansion offerings through close collaboration with the Regional teams & other Functions
- Develop commercial go-to-market strategy working in collaboration with Sales Team and Global Customer Service Organization, including participation in key account management
- Generating actionable customer insights across multiple geographies to drive innovation
- Partner with Public Policy, Medical Affairs, and the Clinical Solutions and Strategy group on market shaping, to generate undeniable Proof-points & Compelling Evidence, demonstrating the value of the offering to the market, justifying new pricing & business model innovation.
Other key activities that will make a candidate successful in the role:
- Understand BD’s multi-product landscape and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, including product managers, SME’s, development and design leads, and software engineers
- Lead in-depth discovery conversations with customers to identify deep insights on common problems/needs, clearly articulating the voice of the customer
- Design and validate new customer-centric solutions and capabilities that create differentiated value for the organization’s portfolio
- Work to understand and eliminate complex technical, functional, and business problems, enabling the broader team to efficiently execute on the product
- Lead development of Marketing Plans for new solution offerings, outlining segment-specific Messaging & Positioning, understanding customers, profiles, & motivators
- Work with clinical marketing, platform leaders and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segments.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired, with a strong preference for degrees in Marketing, Business, and IndustrialEngineering; MBA preferred
5-8 years of experience in upstream marketing, general management, business development
Ideal candidate will have experience in both upstream and downstream marketing
- Must have prior new product development experience, resulting in successful new product launches
- Experience and understanding of US and international acute care hospitals medication management process
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Proven ability to persevere and thrive in ambiguous situations
- Strong leadership towards multiple levels in the organization
- Transformational strategic thinker/change agent
- Demonstrated ability to lead without direct authority
- Disciplined in assumption and metric-based decision making
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, written, verbal skills
- Proven ability to develop and present complex business reviews/presentations; provide clear thinking
- Self-driven and highly collaborative; high personal accountability
- Possessing and fostering entrepreneurial spirit, resulting in high mutual accountability, nimble problem-solving, and unique, valuable market solutions
- Operates on the basis of trust and generates engagement with the team & individuals on the basis of open dialogue
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.