Job Description Summary
You will lead the go-to-market coordination, execution and support of the Enterprise Inventory Optimization “solution” for MMS US Region. To deliver this total proposition, this position will cover the coordination and market execution of all product components needed to achieve successful delivery of this value proposition. The Region role will support the sale of each product but with a focus on driving to an enterprise approach as measured by committed contracts, competitive conversions, sales revenue, and profitability.
The position reports to the VP of Marketing and Commercial Effectiveness for the US region and will require close cross functional collaboration with the Pyxis and HealthSight Platforms and GCS.
- Manage all elements of the U.S. region launch process to ensure organizational readiness.
- Lead regional launch team to execute a market introduction. Participate in the global launch team, representing needs of the U.S. region.
- Define & execute the downstream marketing plan for Enterprise Inventory Optimization to increase brand awareness and value, drive sales and adoption of capabilities (Anchor products plus HealthSight Technology and products and services
- Collaborate with Global Platforms to ensure U.S. regional needs are factored into the development and GTM strategies.
- Develop MMS sales messaging that supports BD MMS Way of Selling and is consistent with customer buying process. Develop support to increase sales productivity and effectiveness in field, i.e. sales collateral, systems/tools.
- Develop customer success material to highlight MMS successes and best practices, including testimonials, case studies, videos, and webinars.
- Leverage content from Platform to develop sales training to date and support sales training.
- Manage direct reports as assigned.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Conduct launch post-mortems to ensure continuous process improvement and maximize value-add.
- Track results and forecast.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for project performance as part of a cross-functional team, developing excellent working relationships with all functions critical to product development excellence
- Demonstrate leadership, learning agility and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions.
- Conduct and encourage frequent formal and informal communication within the team to ensure full engagement and efficient operation
- Intuitively and quickly assess people and situations and act accordingly. Demonstrate strong persuasion and negotiation capabilities.
- Promote and leverage diversity to achieve best outcomes and an inclusive work environment. Ensure all interested parties have opportunities to influence and contribute to decisions and outcomes.
- Demonstrate and promote leadership courage by doing what is right. Instill confidence in associates and customers.
- Demonstrate agility and action orientation when facing ambiguity, change and uncertainty. Effectively manage change and instill confidence.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, nursing, or pharmacy with at least 5 years of marketing experience in the medical device industry in a FDA regulated environment.
- MBA is desired but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in preferably upstream and downstream product and services development and launch
- Minimum of 5 years of experience launching new products and revenue generating services within a specific business unit and across multiple businesses
- Experience in planning, executing, and measuring marketing programs
- Experience in supporting and training salesforce for new product launches and on-going sales messaging.
- Strong fit with BD values
- Strong customer focus
- Highly-motivated, execution-focused leader with the ability to self-define role and activities necessary for successful product commercialization
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Organized and proactive with demonstrated ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- Proven ability to reduce complex cross-functional requirements into easy to understand language and communicate effectively to a cross-functional team
- Proven ability in a regulated, complex medical device market.