The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Associate Director of Marketing Automation uses all available systems and tools to develop and implements campaign and marketing automation strategies and leads strategic recommendations on how the Membership department leverages and adopts marketing automation tools and technology. They provide direction and leadership over Marketing Automation staff and data execution and marketing automation program and ensures data accuracy for audience-centric plans.
The Associate Director of Marketing Automation oversees development and implementation of integrated, efficient and effective campaign and marketing automation plans based on business and technical requirements to help drive organizational strategy that builds awareness and engagement, influences conservation action, and achieves revenue goals. They manage one or more staff that manage all aspects of marketing automation, data selection, segmentation, quality assurance and alignment with data management protocols for campaigns and audience journeys across all channels and audience lifecycles. They work closely with marketing leaders and internal and external key stakeholders, including senior management and internal teams to ensure delivery of programs. The Associate Director aligns staff efforts to match priorities set by senior management. Manages the budget and operational delivery of program or initiative goals and strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Designs solutions using marketing automation tool sets
- Responsible for team and activities for configuring marketing automation tools and support of deployment of those tools
- Engages in business process review and improvement
- Compiles and designs detailed solution and design documentation
- Oversees quality assurance process in the use of the marketing automation tools and ensures issues are managed to resolution
- Manages and guides team who design, implementation and testing of solution configuration (data dictionary, information maps, definitions, templates, etc) in SAS and other system solutions according to business requirements and solution design documents
- Designs, directs and manages multiple complex and diverse projects as assigned coordinating the work of other professionals, managing budget and ensuring program accountability.
- Broad management responsibility for administrative and professional staff that are responsible for marketing automation, technology solutions and data execution.
- Accountable for meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Financial responsibility includes developing and managing project and team budget objectives, evaluating results and developing corrective strategies as needed. Provides input to departmental budget process.
- Opportunity to act independently within broad program goals. Work checked through consultation and agreement with stakeholders rather by directives of superiors.
- Decisions can commit the organization’s resources in a way that affects public image and have program-wide impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 9 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with marketing automation technology
- Experience managing staff and teams
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
- Experience leading complex project and program/account management including financial responsibilities, and measuring results of strategic plans and programs
- Solid understanding of principles and fundamentals of database driven marketing business process
- Solid knowledge of direct response marketing and fundraising principles and systems through multiple execution channels
- Understanding of the role and value of analytical models
- Experience developing and executing on data selection and segmentation
- Experience in Marketing Automation tools such as SAS Customer Intelligence and Information Mapping tools.
- Experience in SQL
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred
- Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, manage performance and help with conflict resolution on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience fostering an environment of creativity and professional growth
- Demonstrated ability in planning and managing budgets
- Excellent communications, mediation and negotiation skills
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects
- Cross disciplinary knowledge to support program objectives