The AD of Market Research will have responsibility for all aspects of Primary Market Research across therapeutic areas for inline, launch and pre-launch products. Work in close collaboration with key business partners (including Commercial Analytics & Data Innovation (CADI), Brand Strategy & Customer Marketing, Sales & Market Access and Worldwide Commercialization) to identify and develop deep understanding of key business questions/issues facing Sunovion and Sunovion brands. Design, execute and interpret market research studies as part of a 360 degree analytics approach through effective partnering with the CADI Business Partner, Management Science & Commercial Reporting, Data Architecture and Sales Operations teams. Provide analyses, insights and recommendations to drive a culture of data driven decision making. Be an expert on HCP and Patient market research methodologies by staying current with new and innovative research methodologies. Applies learning’s across organization.
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of market research regarding HCP and Patient/Caregivers to ensure organization has insights into treatment and patient journey and all relevant attitudes, behaviors, drivers and barriers.
- Work directly with CADI Business Partners, Brand Strategy & Customer Marketing, Sales & Market Access and WW Commercialization to identify and define key business questions/issues to be addressed with market research and deliver actionable insights
- Responsible for overall project management of Market Research initiatives including problem definition, methodology, analysis plan and insights generation. Provide analyses, insights and recommendations to guide decision making. Assure that all relevant information from other functions is integrated into analyses.
- Be an organizational thought leader in HCP and Patient Market Research approaches -- including defining appropriate agency partners, data sources and in general bringing current external best practices into Sunovion. Readily communicate and share findings, effectively pulling through change within the broader organization.
- Craft market research plans that address key research questions and support/disprove proposed hypotheses including exploration (what can be learned) and synthesizing/ drawing conclusions to share with teams.
- Support business needs in a timely and efficient manner demonstrating a sense of urgency, tenacity, and commitment to quality and excellence.
- Ensures that corporate standards of excellence and compliance are upheld and performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations and Company policies and procedures. Immediately reports noted/observed violations to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards at all times in order to main Sunovion’s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelors’ Degree required; Masters’ degree preferred
- 6-8 years Pharmaceutical/life science industry experience with deep understanding of Primary Market Research methodologies is required
- Demonstrated ability to translate Market Research findings (qualitative and quantitative) into easily understood and actionable insights is required.
- Proven ability to work well with Senior Leadership and to clearly communicate key findings and recommendations
- Demonstrated success in project management and managing cross-functional teams is preferred
- Proven ability in partnering skills and influencing without authority
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional matrixed environment and seek diverse perspectives
- Strong professional presence, effective communication, presentation, influence, and problem-solving skills are required