The Associate Director is responsible for the operational oversight, administration and management of one of more operational reimbursement program teams. This includes responsibility for hiring, leading, and training an operational team of Program Managers, Supervisors, Care/Case Managers, and various other related positions. This role is responsible to ensure assigned programs are operating in accordance to client service levels, compliance standards and operational efficiency. The Associate Director will be the primary point of contact for client to provide high-level program updates, escalations and address client concerns
- Deliver effective people-leader communication, performance management and goal setting to drive highly-engaged program teams
- Directly and through subordinate leaders, drive assigned performance responsibilities of teams and team members.
- Primary point of contact for program specific client interactions
- Establish goals and expectations for the team, set direction and influencing team performance to established goals through the development and coaching of managers.
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, evaluating current employees, and training employees
- Provide verbal and written feedback to team members based on performance reviews, statistics, QA results, and observed behaviors
- Set workflow expectations and operating direction of various reimbursement and patient access programs
- Establish and execute internal core competency requirements as minimum training standards for assigned teams.
- Determine content and new core competencies as the department’s responsibilities evolves to meet new challenges of the business
- Lead role in presenting to internal leadership strategic direction, analysis and presentation of key findings within data analysis necessary to support programs’ operations.
- Generate innovative ideas and solutions to meet and exceed customer experience and operational objectives
- Monitor and report on program statistics and metrics used to measure the performance of program teams and assigned Program Managers against set program and contact SLAs
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Lead the analysis and writing of client reports and other deliverables
- Travel as needed to and attend related meetings/conferences as required
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key contacts in professional organizations and medical professional societies
- BA/BS degree; Master’s preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience; minimum 5 years Pharma or Healthcare industry including previous management experience
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies
- High-level of confidence, integrity, enthusiasm, executive presence and a personality that fits a fast-paced, energetic and proactive organization
- Ability to manage others, both direct and indirect reports
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills required to both internal and external clients
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers, across the organization and the senior leadership team
- Ability to effectively work within a complex, matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence sometimes without explicit authority
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required.