Associate Director, Market Access Strategy, LSD
The Market Access Strategy Associate Director, Lysosomal Storage Disorders (LSD) will lead US value, access, and reimbursement strategy efforts for BioMarin’s LSD franchise.
This position works closely with multiple stakeholders within the commercial, medical affairs, and key corporate functions. This position reports to the Senior Director, Market Access Strategy and Payer Policy within North America Commercial Operations.
This new expansion position drives strategies that ensure and retain market access success by objectively evaluating the US coverage and reimbursement environment, assessing marketed product access performance and providing subject matter expertise to influence commercial plans. The position identifies access issues and opportunities, and collaborates with commercial/cross-functional teams that address them.
- Develops long term US market access strategies for marketed LSD therapies
- Collaborate with commercial market access and commercial operations functional leads responsible for implementation strategies
- Partner with US pricing and policy leads to evaluate pricing, coverage, and reimbursement environment that supports access to BioMarin’s LSD therapies
- Project team lead the enhancement of marketed products’ global market access value proposition, global value dossier, evangelize on key publication opportunities that ensure access
- Lead US market access horizon scanning and trend assessment for LSD and otheranalog therapies that provide insights and key considerations for BioMarin therapies
- Actively serve as the US market access SME/voice for LSDs at brand meetings
- 7+ years US pharmaceutical industry experience with increasing responsibilities
- 4+ years of experience in developing and implementing US market access and reimbursement strategies in a corporate role
- Experience developing dossier or formulary submissions
- Deep understanding of health policy and health system environment for specialty and rare therapies
- Superior problem-solving skills, including capability of applying previous experience to complex policy issues
- Excellent communication, collaboration, influence, strategic and analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to gain alignment of cross functional teams
- Rare disease therapy and/or specialty home infusion therapy experience highly preferred
- Health economics experience a plus
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
- MBA or MPH, preferred