Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
To enhance and maximize the value of the owner’s investment in commercial office buildings and facilities in the Market. Assist RDMS and/or DMS to manage Market business to maximize its profitable growth and return on investment. Plan, organize, direct and manage the activities of the Market so as to optimize the utilization of all resources under his/her control. Participate in formulation of overall corporate objectives, policies and plans as they pertain to the Market. Manage and direct the operations of each property to which assigned, at the least possible cost to produce the maximum return on the investment dollars, maintaining the property at the established levels of protection, care and maintenance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist DMS and/or RDMS in:
- Leading the business development and profitability in the Market for revenue and bottom line profit. Sourcing and developing relationships with decision makers leading to business development. Soliciting, preparing and responding to proposal requests. Cooperating and building relationships with and actively seek referral business from other company units and offices.
- Seeking ways to develop and implement outstanding service programs for clients and tenants.
- Developing and implementing staff planning and management development programs to meet the on-going management and professional requirements, as well as ensuring that trained, capable personnel are provided as a continuous product of such programs in all levels of the Market for promotional progression. Coordinating the hiring of managers and qualified staff personnel. In accordance with policy, screening for best candidates, providing recommendations to senior management for final selection, if possible. Selecting “key” managers and potential management candidates and plan for their development on a long-term basis. Ensuring that management personnel are compensated commensurate with their responsibilities and performance.
- Reviewing and evaluating the Market’s performance on a continuing basis and establishing proper measures of performance and variance to plan; counseling direct reports as to execution of programs. Providing direction for modifications of plans or implementation of contingency plans in accordance with prevailing business conditions.
- Directing the development of Market’s strategic plans, and ensure their proper execution. Initiating and authorizing expenditures, appropriations and commitments and pricing strategies which are within the limitations of delegated authority and for those outside this level, recommend appropriate action.
- Ensuring that information requirements and reporting are related to the individual needs of management, that feedback controls are designated and that proper information flow is maintained, standardized and utilized.
- Implementing policies and procedures in accordance with published directives, local codes/laws and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Working closely with the managers to ensure that the property succeeds as a profit center or expense control for ownership.
- When necessary, assisting the leasing agents and property managers with prospective leases to optimize the economics of the deal. If within the purview of the management responsibilities, ensuring that manager’s review and approve all leases before being submitted to the owner’s representative for signature and determine which leases should be reviewed by legal counsel.
- Conducting and maintaining relationships with national “key” clients/tenants, industry and trade associations, representatives or government, public service organizations, customers and vendors. Engaging in other outside activities consistent with the company’s responsibilities to the community and the industry.
- Working with Property Mangers in assisting the owner’s representatives in the preparation of its long-range strategy program and capital budget for its properties. The owner’s representative should be a part of the on-going budget preparation process so there is not surprise when the final plan becomes ready for presentation.
- Reviewing monthly management reports to ensure the reports include the schedules required by ownership/management contract or Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.
- Inspecting the buildings on a frequent basis to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the building personnel. Meeting with tenants as frequently as possible to obtain their comments and recommendations to ensure that operations and quality standards are being maintained.
- Communicate with other departments to coordinate work and achieve objectives.
- Maintain accurate personnel records; prepare time sheets for Business Operations Manager to process.
- Conduct employee relations program, which encompasses employment interviews, employee discipline, and union grievances. Prepare and maintain copies of HR approved job descriptions for each job and insure proper employee training.
- Attendance of all scheduled Property Management staff meetings and annual conference and participation in trade and Processional Associates (i.e., BOMA, IREM, IFMA).
Property Management Job Duties Including:
- Maintain appropriate standards of physical maintenance and housekeeping. Establish and monitor preventive maintenance schedules. Prepare or supervise the daily work schedule for operations, and coordination of all in-house construction. Conduct quarterly and annual building inspections.
- Provide proper tenant relations for tenant services, alterations, decorations, and construction work being done in building.
- Maintain established programs of safety and security for building occupants and property. Responsible for issue and control of keys to the property. Prepare requiredreports of accidents, burglaries, etc.
- Maintain proper control of materials and supplies. Requisition by established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and audit annual operating budgets and monitor five percent (5%) tolerance. Prepare monthly report of operation for review with owner.
- Secure bids for capital expenditure – submit to owner. Secure approval and implement.
- Process and maintain all security deposits. Track & instruct accounting regarding disposition of security deposits, if required by owner practices.
- Review construction plans and approve standard rules and regulations to be followed by construction department or tenant.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Surveying the competitive properties to understand the nature of the client’s competitors and the condition of their assets.
- Directing, reviewing, approving, presenting, and implementing all annual and long-range budgets including necessary capital expenditures for each property.
- Working with Owner’s (or other) corporate legal counsel, approving and coordinating all management agreements, lease agreements, service contracts, etc. for the building as necessary.
- May be responsible for the review, design, bidding and construction of all tenant construction and capital improvements.
- Review and approval of payables and receivables as prepared at the site level. Review and supervise all accounting output as prepared by the accounting department as required by the property.
- Review specifications prepared for service contracts. Assist with selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Prepare synopsis of lease documents and submit billing change notice to accounting department Prepare lease abstracts and, in some cases, may have final approval authority of all lease abstracts and final document output.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a Real Estate related field; Master’s Degreepreferred
- CPM and/or RPA designation
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in property management, marketing and leasing of office buildings
- Previous experience should include senior management experience with a third party management firm, owner or developer of “Class A” property in a major metropolitan area and management business development
- Computer proficiency
- Strong skills in the following areas: business management, human relations, financial analysis, budgeting, relationship building, time management, planning and organizing, written and verbal communications
- Unchallenged integrity, good negotiating and presentation skills, work under pressure, ability to perceive problems and react quickly to effect solutions
- Broker or salesman license as required for property management in the state/s where business is transacted
- May perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements