The Associate Director – IT Infrastructure is responsible for planning, implementing, administering, and supporting the core physical and logical systems that form the platform on which all other electronic business systems rely. This includes Acorda's data centers, hyper converged technologies, data storage, replication, Exchange, Directory services and related authentication services.
The Associate Director – IT Infrastructure is responsible for planning, implementing, administering, and supporting the core physical and logical systems that form the platform on which all other electronic business systems rely. This includes Acorda's data centers, hyper converged technologies, data storage, replication, Exchange, Directory services and related authentication services. This individual develops and leads their team to promote optimal communication, ensure teamwork, make technical decisions and improve the support process. The Associate Director – IT Infrastructure is responsible for ongoing monitoring, administration, support and timely, compliant maintenance of Infrastructure systems. This individual ensures that support requests are handled appropriately with a high level of customer service. The Associate Director – IT Infrastructure works closely with other groups in the IT department to implement systems, address issues, provide support and ensure that all information systems are compliant, secure, available and resilient.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the infrastructure team's vision, strategy and tactics to support Acorda's growing organization.
- Develops technical capabilities within the team by providing ongoing feedback, development and performance reviews of staff.
- Participates with cross-functional projects by joining implementation teams as an IT liaison, attending meetings, creating and reviewing documentation, offering advice as needed and a Senior member of the Change Control Advisory Board.
- Acts as primary escalation point for Infrastructure issues arising from within and outside Acorda, and ensures all support requests assigned to the Infrastructure team are resolved to end user's satisfaction in a timely manner with effective communication.
- Develops and maintains an effective continuous improvement program to ensure optimal operations.
- Develops and maintains an effective documentation program, including all applicable policies, procedures work instructions, and change control
- Responsible for researching, recommending and implementing new Infrastructure technology based on industry best practices and business needs.
- Works with the Senior Director – IT Infrastructure & Operations to set, manage, plan and align Infrastructure projects and initiatives with IT budget.
- Manages the planning, design, installation and maintenance of Infrastructure systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience managing an IT infrastructure team.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a GxP regulated environment.
- This position supervises a team of Infrastructure Administrators and Architects.
- Working understanding of Compliance regulations, including Sarbanes Oxley, 21 CFR Part 11, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with server, storage, virtualization, and network technologies.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft server and Active Directory technologies.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with client hardware and software applications.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Familiar with computer system validation methodologies.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must be proficient in SolarWinds Orion Monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange platforms.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred.
- Working knowledge of Visio preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certifications in Infrastructure technologies, such as Cisco, VMware, and Dell/EMC, preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to communication effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of trends and new information in the profession.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving through root cause analysis.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business. Travel is for cross site visitation and attending conferences related to life sciences and currently utilized technologies being managed by the Infrastructure team.