The Associate Director provides administrative support for the policies and priorities established by the Director of International Student Services. The Associate Director manages student advising and support services for the unit. On a day-to-day basis in dealings with students, faculty and staff, the Associate Director must be able to effectively represent the office policies and practices related to implementation of federally-mandated regulations affecting international students and their dependents.
- Master's Degree.
- Three years of experience with international student advising in a medium to large school setting.
- Previous experience as a Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible Officer.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of required education and related work experience.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Purdue University processes, policies and procedures.
- Usage of standard office technologies including Microsoft Office Professional (including MS Access), sunapsis or other case management software experience.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply