As a Associate Director, Immuno-oncology Precision Medicine, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Associate Director Immuno-Oncology Precision Medicine ensures timely, high quality in-market diagnostic testing and patient identification solutions to enable optimal treatment for patients throughout their cancer journey. An important focus of this role is to develop and implement innovative strategies & tactical plans in a complex Oncology ecosystem.
This position will report into the Director of Precision Medicine and Nurse Education (PM&NE), and will work in close partnership with the Senior Marketing Manager Diagnostics Immuno-oncology, other PM&NE team members, IO brand teams and cross functional partners.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute the US diagnostic strategy for the current immuno-oncology products
- Work closely with the Brand and Global Diagnostic teams as well as companion diagnostic partner to align strategies and tactics to support diagnostic testing
- Support in-market companion diagnostics / testing excellence for all product launches, including market readiness evaluation and education regarding lab developed tests (LDTs)
- Assess and identify issues in current testing landscape and working with external stakeholders to develop solutions to remove or minimize diagnostic barriers to therapy use, e.g., by optimizing testing pathways
- Monitor diagnostic testing competitive environment and market trends
- Adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Assess different tactical options in the markets to remove barriers to testing through collaborative partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks and Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
- Manage and lead team to coordinate activities and marketing efforts across multiple products launches
- Cultivate and build relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, customers, professional organizations such as advocacy and laboratory groups
- Undergraduate degree required; preferably with an Advanced degree in business, life sciences, medical or pharmacy degree
- 7-10 years of Oncology experience and relevant Pharmaceutical experience
- In-line or launch marketing experience of oncology diagnostic, pathology, and/or therapeutic
- Understanding of test sample journey, diagnostic technologies and possible technical issues preferred
- Ability to lead and influence through change; make decisions in ambiguity
- Ability to engage, motivate and lead cross functional teams; strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Understanding of test sample journey, diagnostic technologies and possible technical issues
- Anticipates obstacles and provides solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Proven experience with a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors, providers (specifically pathologists)
- Proven track record of developing compelling business cases
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short- and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven demonstration of effective cross-functional project team leadership