This role can be based in any of the following locations: Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Tampa, FL; Indianapolis, IN; Minneapolis, MN.
We are currently seeking an Associate Director with prior healthcare Payer strategy consultingexperience or a blend of relevant healthcare payer industry and consulting experience. The successful candidate will:
- Take a multidisciplinary approach to addressing projects in one or more of the practice’s following focus areas:
- Enterprise Strategy
- Clinical Managed Care Strategy (Post-Acute Care, Service Lines, Care Continuum)
- New Revenue Models (Managed Care, Payor and Pricing Strategy)
- Development of alternative value based care models
- Accountable care organization operations including process improvement, LeanSix Sigma skills in a payer environment
- Medical management design and operations (e.g., utilization review, medical management, Medicare Advantage, case management)
- M&A pre-deal feasibility, due diligence, pre-close, and post-close strategic and financial planning in a payer environment
- Accountable for client relationships and managing day-to-day program work with a focus on the payer and health plan strategy and operations.
- Facilitate/ or lead internal team and external client meetings.With health plans, provider sponsored plans and/or payer clients.
- Regularly present results and updates to clients, and manage client expectations in line with budget and project objectives.
- Manage internal multi-workstream project teams to deploy the right expertise to meet objectives.
- Oversee various levels of consultants to achieve deliverable..
- Assist where necessary with data acquisition, integration and analysis to support a wide range of provider and payer analytics including financial analysis, clinical and operational benchmarking to direct decisions for payer clients.
- Structure analysis methodology and direct junior staff on analysis execution and crafting impactful client solutions.
- Lead the creation of “client ready” deliverables, including synthesizing the strategic, financial and operational implications of the team’s analyses.
- Develop teams and individuals through coaching, feedback, and apprenticeship.
- Directly support business development and sales activities.
- Recognize add-on work opportunities at existing clients and suggest course of action.
- 8+ years of previous work experience in a healthcare management consulting firm and/or a combination of industry and consulting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree. MBA/MHA/healthcare related studies are preferable.
- Experience putting together strategic models - (expert knowledge to the Payer Industry very important)
- Ability to implement industry best practices and create an effective story line to present to payer clients (as well as provider).
- Experience delegating to and directing others in the effective execution of a project plan.
- Experience managing the quality of a team’s work product and producing “client ready” deliverables in the health payer area including managed care, STARS- quality programs, Medicare Advantage operations, medical management, contract negotiations, risk adjustment and /or reimbursement processes.
- Experience leading team meetings and keeping team informed of relevant developments.
- Experience in value-based payment arrangements such as Medicare Advantage/Managed Care, riskcontracting, shared savings arrangements, STARS programs, reimbursement, managed care programs and/or risk adjustment consulting.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative analysis, project management, research, and core consulting skills.
- Solid proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. SAS and SPSS knowledge is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel and work overtime whenever necessary.
- Additional qualifications include efficiency, flexibility, innovative problem solving skills, a high level of motivation, and excellent organizational skills. Must be able to work well independently and within team structures.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at anotherlocation