The Healthcare Revenue Management Sub-Practice focuses on assisting their clients achieve the highest levels of efficiency, adapt core strategies to deal with dynamic market forces, optimize the deployment of financial resources and manage the risks of ever present 'unknowns'. The Revenue Management encompasses all administrative and clinical functions that contribute to the capture, management, and collection of patient service revenue. It involves core business processes that cross administrative, financial and clinical department boundaries. The Revenue Management begins and ends with the patient. It is optimized and improved through strategic initiatives that are embraced by leadership and consider organizational strategy, people, process and enabling technologies.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Indianapolis, IN; Washington, D.C.
The Associate Director will have responsibility for client executive management, overall project management, solution design and implementation, and generation of project results. The incumbent is responsible for working with client executives in order to ensure engagement success by maintaining appropriate client support and momentum. The incumbent will also be responsible with strategically supporting and guiding the growth of the business which is inclusive of designing and innovating Navigant services and deployment methodology.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently oversees 1-2 engagements by providing overall accountability of engagement delivery, expenses, and project profitability.
- Manages relationships with client executives, maintains accountabilty for project scope, delivery and staff development.
- In conjunction with directors, the associate director has overall responsibilities with staff performance management through the process of hiring, termination, promotion, and performance improvement.
- Responsible for partnering and facilitating internal training programs with Navigant internal training resources, internal operations team, methodology team, and directors.
- Responsible for attending weekly leadership meetings and providing engagement, staff risks, staff performance, and training development updates.
- Responsible for taking the lead for add on sales discussions with clients.
- Contributes to the success of the organization, keeping current on new developments within Navigant, meeting organizational competency expectations, continuously learning, and by performing other duties as needed or assigned.
- Administering management functions within the provisions of Navigant's policies and standards and federal, state and local regulations.
- Provides direction and guidance to management and staff.
- Lead team efforts in developing solutions for difficult and/or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Provide leadership oversight in developing work plans and coordinating daily fieldwork and project team activities.
- Compile and complete document preparation of final drafts of major reports.
- Utilize proprietary tracking tools to measure project progress, benefits provided to clients, and achievement of budget expectations.
- Effectively direct, coach, motivate and evaluate managing consultants and junior staff.
- Serve as a performance coach to at least one managing consultant and one or more senior consultants and/or consultants.
- BA/BS Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or Clinical Administration.
- 6+ years of core Revenue Cycle and Consulting experience.
- 6+ years of Management experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare trends and CMS regulations.
- Knowledge of and proficient skill in the use of core PC-based Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access functions.
- Knowledge of and a broad understanding of healthcare operations and key cost and revenue drivers.
- Knowledge of and understanding of health care reimbursement methods and ability to apply this knowledge to benefit the clients of the Revenue Cycle Management service line.
- Knowledge of the principles of information management in order to effectively analyze data and make decisions.
- Skill in directing the work and activities of staff with the ability to effectively delegate.
- Skill in providing leadership and in the mentoring of staff.
- Excellent oral and written language skills; visual and listening skills in order to communicate effectively.
- Skill and innovation in the use of the decision support applications.
- Skill in good interpersonal, oral, and written communication, grammar and spelling.
- Ability to establish a working climate that achieves optimal performance levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cohesive work team.
- Ability to be proactive, self-directing and take initiative.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution and demonstrate core problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities and use good judgment.
- Ability to understand financial data needs to analyze and report on data collected.
- Willingness to travel – up to 75%.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location