This role can be based in any of the following locations: Washington, DC; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO
We are currently seeking an Associate Director with prior healthcareInformation Technology Operations consulting experience or a blend of relevant healthcare industry and consulting experience. The successful candidate will:
- Deploy cost management expertise in a variety of healthcare IT functional areas - including IT: application, infrastructure, network, data, hosting, cloud, and cybersecurity.
- Leverage ability in a variety of IT cost areas and opportunities – including IT spend for labor, IT Spend for non-labor, Insourced vs. Outsource IT opportunities, IT rationalization, Infrastructure spend, and hosting alternatives.
- Develop and deliver high impact performance improvement and organizational change opportunities for hospitals and health systems to improve operating margin and create a high performing IT model.
- Converse with senior IT leadership – including healthcare system CIOs
- Understand current technology trends in the Healthcare segment
- Create insights from comprehensive data analysis and comfortably use detailed analytics
- Participate in complex client performance improvement engagements as the IT Operations Subject Matter Specialist on assessment and implementation projects.
- Create structured client deliverables and make executive presentations
- Prepare draft proposals and/or engagement letters for providing services in accordance with established standards and confer with their supervisor for input and approval for projects planned.
- Establish trust based relationships and seek business development opportunities.
- Prepare and conduct seminars and workshops on Information Technology topics. Includes preparation of appropriate handout materials.
- Work with business development sales and marketing staff and performance improvement consulting services team to determine what services are to be emphasized and how they should be marketed.
- Attend appropriate professional meetings and conferences and reads publications to maintain and expand professional knowledge as a Information Technology expert.
- Become involved in appropriate community and professional activities for exposure to clients, potential clients, networking and other business development opportunities.
- Five Years + experience and proven results with Performance Improvement Consulting Services (hospitals and health systems preferred) as an IT operations subject matter specialist.
- Expertise and industry reputation in IT operations and IT spend management.
- Demonstrated results on multiple (complex) projects with demonstrated results in reducing IT spend in a healthcare environment.
- Successful experience in IT operations with a focus on reducing IT spend, preferably with both specialization and generalist work activities.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Be a team player; demonstrate attention to detail and problem solving skills; able to work independently.
- Previous hands on experience with client services, training and project development desired.
- Personal integrity and a strong personal commitment to meeting client needs are required. Must be able to make positive presentations before individuals and groups and win the trust and confidence of others. Have the base skills and personality to participate in business development activities.
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects.
- Ability to travel routinely 15 + nights per month
- Four- year college degree, MBA preferred.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple projects in sometimes high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work activities of others
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at anotherlocation