As an Associate Director – Health and Benefits, you will be a leader on the client service team and will be responsible for fostering relationships cross the client organization. You will be responsible for managing a wide array of projects, leveraging your experience to make recommendations on plan design and management for the full array of health and benefits programs. You will have the opportunity to generate business by participating in new business activities and expanding existing client engagements. You will have the opportunity to position yourself to grow into a senior relationship management and/or leadership role by serving as the pivotal point of contact on all projects and working alongside industry experts on cutting edge solutions.
- Lead the design/management of group medical, dental, wellbeing, disability and time off plans for clients. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as lead project manager for clients; materially contributing to project plan creation and leading the team on delivery; ensuring progress against established objectives, budgets, timelines, deliverables and quality standards
- Proactively advising clients and ensuring the delivery of superior client service
- Facilitating specialist resources and subject matter experts in health management, absence and disability management, pharmacy, data analytics and compliance
- Supporting the generation of new business by participating in prospecting opportunities as part of a broader team
- Building relationships internally and collaborating effectively on cross-functional teams
- Leading the client team, assigning project roles/responsibilities, and ensuring accountability
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- Conducting review of client deliverable to ensure alignment to client objectives, leverage of optimal WTW services and solutions, and adherence to WTW professional excellence standards
- 7+ years’ experience and demonstrated success in the design/management of increasingly complex health and welfare plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment or similar experience in a consultative role gained at a carrier or vendor
- Strong financial skills; prior experience in health and welfare product pricing, underwriting or valuation work preferred
- Ability to expand relationships with current clients
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and proven ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
- CEBS designation, or health and welfare actuarial or underwriting training desired
EOE, including disability/vets
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (Producer roles only).
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is $120,000-140,000 USD.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
- Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
- Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state/local paid leave where required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave),(Washington State only)
- Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). All Level 38 and more senior roles may also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.