$170K — $200K + $20K bonus *
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We’re passionate about providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, improve diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery. With our technical capabilities, the Medication Management Solutions (MMS) team are able to manage multiple systems and our operational capabilities enable us to have medications available when and where needed, reducing inefficiency and waste for nursing and pharmacy teams.
Our MMS Pyxis business is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, and experienced Senior Manager of Hardware Engineering to lead the Vanguard PAS hardware platform.
· Drive innovation and continuous improvement with the goal of expediting time to market, quality of products, and compatibility of portfolio with the rest of the Pyxis ecosystem.
· Apply the best engineering practices in design, analysis, simulation, integration & test, and documentation in all engineering subject areas.
· Ensure alignment to company processes and procedures including Design Controls, Product Lifecycle Management, Configuration Management, Phase Reviews.
· Collaborate with software platform technical leader and other authorities to ensure that existing and proposed hardware architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
· Proactively identify risks and issues and advance them as appropriate.
· Plan the development and evolution of tools and technologies in alignment with other Pyxis hardware.
· Develop strategies for hiring, training, development, and succession planning to build, manage and empower a high caliber, collaborative organization that promotes excellence and rewards results.
· Drive strategic direction to improve customer satisfaction, reduce cost, and expedite delivery of projects, interacting with program to review performance metrics and progress of plans.
· Provide labor and non-labor needs and schedule estimations to program management for hardware related scope and work.
· Clearly articulate high-performance goals and expectations of how individual contributions support the team`s success while constructively mentoring and giving appreciative feedback to support others' development.
· Provide leadership to managers. May also lead first line supervisors and professional staff.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering with experience in hardware development required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years related work experience and at least 4 years in functional leadership required.
· Experience in the design and development of medical device systems or other FDA regulated products.
· Solid understanding of current safety and regulatory standards for medical devices.
· Experience working with global teams and with external development partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to mentor each team member to improve their impact within their own sphere of influence.
· Steadfast focus on customer satisfaction, efficiency, and expedition in delivery of projects.
· Supervise individual and team progress against goals and objectives, including evaluation of performance of team members.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, and writing skills.
· Proven customer orientation in responding to common inquiries or complaints.
· Some travel may be involved as part of this role where prior notice will be given.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Valid through: 10/28/2021