The Associate Director, Global Pricing & Access will both develop and execute the market access and pricing strategies for the ADC assets. This person will own the pricing and access strategy for current oncology assets as assigned and eventually take the lead on the future oncology assets in the pipeline as well as support future co-marketing / business development ventures and alliances This person will report to the Sr Director, Global Pricing & Access, and will be responsible for providing strategic and technical expertise to drive the success of DSI’s ADC assets.
With manager oversight, The individual will lead global pricing strategy development, access strategy development and partner with stakeholders in the development of innovative contracting solutions. The role spans a variety of payer archetypes and involves establishing strong working relationships with the Regional and Local Access leads and partnerships with global functions including but not limited to Commercial, Marketing, Medical, Clinical Development, Public & Government Affairs.
- Develop and execute on strategies to support the Value & Access team in the preparation and creation of optimal pricing/reimbursement/market access environment
- Lead and conceptualize pricing and reimbursement research for assets to inform go to market strategies and pricing policies
- Ensure optimal access environment readiness when launching assets by representing the Value and Access function to develop global strategies
- Lead Value & Access function for market optimization and launch sequencing strategies
- Drive Value & Access function in business development opportunity & early pipeline product assessments by providing key inputs on potential pricing, expected access, and supporting fact-based rationale from industry benchmarking and/or payer research
- Influence and further the advancement of evolving pricing and reimbursement landscape by representing the DS Value & Access function externally at P&R and policy related forums
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Contributes as an individual/matrix team member to the development and implementation of global pricing policies for assigned pharmaceutical products
- Responsible for pricing/payer research studies and development of pricing dossiers
- Partner with regional and local pricing representatives to ensure relevant pricing requirements for products are identified and incorporated into the pricing strategy and pricing targets that are prepared by the global pricing group.
- Develop and execute on new models that look beyond our current way of pricing medicines
- Lead value-added analytic support as needed, leveraging multiple data sources to support the development of rational strategic and defensible pricing strategy recommendations, to inform decision making and make recommendations for new data sources
- Lead data gathering and analysis to identify appropriate methods of analysis; Develop and present related metrics, conducting secondary research using internal and external data sources
- Manage and distill project results into actionable and relevant analyses within visually impactful PowerPoint presentations; Verbally presenting project updates and results
- Manage the conducting and moderating of interviews and advisory board discussions with payers and KOLs in collaboration with project lead
- Lead and contribute to internal initiatives to expand expertise within pricing and market access project types, methodologies, and pricing and reimbursement policy horizon scanning
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate level (Masters or higher) training in economics, business, life sciences, or another analytical commercial discipline preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the health care field, including significant experience in pricing, reimbursement and market access for pharmaceuticals or commensurate education/experience; oncology experience preferred
- Experience developing global launch pricing strategy, including assessment of optimal launch sequence, and global/regional launch price corridors
- Proven track record in pricing research and a strong technical understanding of best practices for assessing optimal pricing strategies (e.g., payer research methods, qualitative and quantitative pricing assessments, and awareness/understanding of international reference pricing)
- Experience in developing value messages and general communication strategy related to payers for US and global markets.
- Sound knowledge of global healthcare systems and pricing and reimbursement requirements, and ability to tailor strategies to a diverse set of market types including US, EU and emerging markets
- Process and results oriented - capable of driving large, complex work streams
- Strong project management skills; demonstrable experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects and external vendors
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and presentation skills
- Experience in affiliate level market access function desirable
- Knowledge of contracting and tendering in the EU and Asia Pacific Market is a plus
- Proficiency in another language preferred to support the EU market preferred (Italian, German, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian)