The Global Operations Program Leader is the strategic leader for the Global Operations Product Team (GOPT) responsible for overseeing a product from preclinical through commercial phases. This is a matrix leadership role that will collaborate cross-functionally to develop program strategies and provide tactical direction to the various functional execution teams. This position will coordinate and monitor the execution teams and progress of the defined program milestones to ensure successful implementation of the program strategy. The Global Operations Program Leader is the primary liaison with R&D and Commercial colleagues on behalf of the Global Operations product teams. This is a key leadership position within Global Operations and involves routine interaction with senior management and external alliance partners.
- Lead the development of the Global Operations program strategy for a specific product in alignment with the overall program/portfolio strategy
- Set aligned priorities, establish team goals and plan activities to deliver the Global Operations end-to-end multi-year strategy for the defined program(s)
- Ensure operational plans are in place and highlight key interdependencies between execution teams
- Identify and escalate key issues, risks and mitigation plans according to Alexion governance
- Represent Global Operations on development teams and other cross-functional program level teams as needed
- Represent the program and patient perspective to Global Operations.
- Drive decision making and the associated deliverables across all functions on the GOPT
- Represent Global Operations programs at Alexion internal governance bodies
- Build and maintain strong and diverse relationships across the organization, including key client groups, peers, senior management and alliance partners
- Identify and implement improvements that optimize the product development processes
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with minimum of 3 years in a Global Operations leadership role
- Experience leading teams in a highly matrixed environment
- Past history providing leadership to programs with a high degree of ambiguity to develop a path forward to meeting the Global Operations program objectives
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capabilities with forward looking perspective and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong communication, leadership and collaboration skills are required
- Ability to influence without authority?
- Solid understanding of drug development, worldwide registration and Global Operations
- Technical expertise in a relevant CMC discipline.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office software including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Project and PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS Project Server a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; fluent and able to influence others in spoken and written English
- Bachelors’ degree in scientific discipline
- Advanced degree a plus
Req ID: 14756