The Associate Director of Global Market Access Strategy & Operations will be responsible for supporting the development of global market access strategy and operations for clinical applications of next generation sequencing (NGS), including non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT), rare and undiagnosed diseases and oncology; support education and training activities for regional cross-functional teams to support access and launch readiness activities; and ensure payer insights are leveraged to inform strategic business decisions.
This individual will interact internally with multiple functions including Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Commercial, Market Development, Marketing and Market Access Teams. External relationships will include payers, KOLs, and physicians.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Generate and synthesize payer insights through market research
- Develop strategic market access plans and deliver clear recommendations to the business relating to market access strategy, pricing and reimbursement across clinical applications
- Deliver rollout of global access readiness materials to regional cross-functional teams to support access and launch activities
- Lead establishment/maintenance of payer value story inclusive of key clinical, economic and patient-centered value messages and identify opportunities to strengthen value story
- Ensure payer insights are leveraged to inform strategic business decisions, such as product development, marketing and commercial strategies, clinical and medical affairs, as needed
- In partnership with Governmental Affairs, HEOR and Field Access, identify, interpret and assess macro events and trends (payer policy and economic) and advise on potential implications
- Identify refinements to payer strategy, tactical plans and specific tactics based on understanding of performance
- Develop innovative strategies for accelerating market access, which may include alternative payment methodologies, value-based agreements, payer and/or pharma partnerships, Quality strategy, and new methods for evidence-generation
- Inform internal communication tools including digests and dashboards that will be shared with the broader organization
- Maintain and track Market Access budget spend
- Support Illumina payer forums globally
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BSc, PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH, or MBA with minimum of 6-8 years of relevant Market Access/ Payer experience in pipeline and marketed products.
- Experience in Diagnostics/Medical Devices is preferred
- Experience in Market Access Strategy for products used in the inpatient setting is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with pricing, reimbursement and HTA (Health Technology Assessment) in US and major EU markets.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in diagnostics/ Health Technology product development and commercialization across therapeutic areas or multiple indications
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary. Demonstrated multitasking and time management skills and experience are absolutely essential in this area.
- Strong and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence.
- Executive level communication skills
- Domestic and international travel may be required up to 25% of your time.